NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now What, Writers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:38am
I submitted my first round piece “Ruthless Efficiency” (first place) to Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine.  I have a piece coming out with them in about six weeks, so I was very hopeful they’d want another one.  Got my rejection letter last week on day 67 since submittal.  Their average time to reject a story is 19 days, so I know it was heavily considered.  The editor said she enjoyed reading and was especially impressed with the creativity of the story, but it’s not a good fit for what they need right now.  Luckily, today I found a place that pays almost as good as EQ that’s looking for stories of that length, so I’ll be giving them a shot as well.  I believe it’s good enough to hold out for a paid market.

TD
FFC 2019 - Ch 2, Gr 94 Lucky
Micro 2019 - Vulnerable
SSC 2018 - 2nd place
FFC 2017 - 1st place
Sponsored Links

Tricksie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricksie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:50pm
Depends on the story. I really liked my round 1 story, I'll revise it and submit it around. I have some stories from past contests I've been submitting. And some stuff that was contest-ok, but totally not my genre and it'll just kind of sit in my iCloud. :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic