NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie question-judges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLNorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie question-judges
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:59pm
Are judges allowed on the forums? I was thinking that posting details about my stories and in fact posting the entire story on here might void the whole no name on the manuscript thing...
Sponsored Links

Archon1995 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archon1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 4:31pm
I'm pretty durn sure they are not allowed here. That would invalidate the entire "blind judging" process, given the "post it here and get feedback from your peers" is a really major selling point for NYCM.

Past judges could theoretically be current participants, but I have no idea what the rules are on the judging side of things.
De Chelonian Mobile View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Chelonian Mobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:02pm
Forum reviews are the best part of NYC Midnight. The forum critiques are much more in-depth and helpful than anything you will get from the judges. (in part because, by my estimation, some of the judges read and critique around 200 stories in the first round alone)

Plenty of the stories posted to the forum will move on to the next round, so, no worries about posting. Just post to the appropriate place, once the final confirmation has been sent. (In a few days)

Edited by De Chelonian Mobile - 17 Jul 2017 at 5:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic