NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Master list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FerretKittyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Master list
    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:35pm
Is there a way to find stories by group on the new master list? I'm not even seeing a group number until you click on the story name. I liked having them listed by number the way it was before. I don't like having to scroll through however many pages the review forum is (currently 19) scanning titles to try and find people from my group. I am having trouble even finding my own story after posting it. 
Rhyming2 Vacation Vexation

Rhyming1Stella
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by FerretKittyMom FerretKittyMom wrote:

Is there a way to find stories by group on the new master list? I'm not even seeing a group number until you click on the story name. I liked having them listed by number the way it was before. I don't like having to scroll through however many pages the review forum is (currently 19) scanning titles to try and find people from my group. I am having trouble even finding my own story after posting it. 

If you're viewing on mobile, you won't see group numbers - they're in group order, but you can'ts ee the labels. If you view it in a regular browser, the group divisions should be visible.
Sparker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:38pm
I used the forum search function to find my group mates.

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:44pm

I just tried the list on my phone, the heat numbers are there, 
turned the phone on it side.
NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 11:06pm
Optimizing for mobile in the future will definitely help, but to add another tip for the current functionality: If you click "View Larger" on the airtable and then turn it sideways like Suave suggests, you can see the group numbers as well as the genre (and sometimes a bit of the action). It's all sorted in group order. 

Not perfect, but workable. The desktop version is definitely better. 

taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by NERdling NERdling wrote:

Optimizing for mobile in the future will definitely help, but to add another tip for the current functionality: If you click "View Larger" on the airtable and then turn it sideways like Suave suggests, you can see the group numbers as well as the genre (and sometimes a bit of the action). It's all sorted in group order. 

Not perfect, but workable. The desktop version is definitely better. 

A step further -- click that view larger option in the lower right corner of the list window. Then put your mobile browser into desktop mode. You can usually do this by selecting those 3 vertical dots indicating more options beside your search bar in any mobile browser. Then you'll be able to search and filter and see the group breakdowns

Hope that helps someone else!
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
FerretKittyMom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FerretKittyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:54am
Thanks everybody for the help! I do everything on my phone, so couldn't see the group numbers until I turned things sideways. Tongue
Rhyming2 Vacation Vexation

Rhyming1Stella
 Post Reply Post Reply