NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Most interesting thing you googled for your story
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most interesting thing you googled for your story

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Message
mistressposte View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2022
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 192
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistressposte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:27am
Ha!! I would love that job!
Back to Top
Rullawaykid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular


Joined: 16 Oct 2021
Status: Offline
Points: 296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rullawaykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:28am
I really need to know more about foot fetishists, and I have no idea how to frame my questions.
Back to Top
Rullawaykid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular


Joined: 16 Oct 2021
Status: Offline
Points: 296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rullawaykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:29am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

I like to think that, somewhere in Google HQ, they play a game based on people's search histories called 'serial killer or writer?'

LOL
Back to Top
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2020
Location: Scotland
Status: Online
Points: 3556
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:54am
Originally posted by Rullawaykid Rullawaykid wrote:

I really need to know more about foot fetishists, and I have no idea how to frame my questions.

I won't be googling this just now because I'm at work, but a couple of years ago the Guardian had a series called 'My Life in Sex', and I'm sure one of them was written by a foot fetishist. If you search something like 'Guardian sex "foot fetish"' then it should come up.
Back to Top
Rullawaykid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular


Joined: 16 Oct 2021
Status: Offline
Points: 296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rullawaykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:59am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

I won't be googling this just now because I'm at work, but a couple of years ago the Guardian had a series called 'My Life in Sex', and I'm sure one of them was written by a foot fetishist. If you search something like 'Guardian sex "foot fetish"' then it should come up.

Thanks so much! I managed to find a few things. For some reason my daughter and I share a Google account (or at least she can somehow see my searches on her phone) so that's an added layer of fun for me.
Back to Top
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt
Avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Location: ChillybytheSea
Status: Online
Points: 10687
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:36am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

I like to think that, somewhere in Google HQ, they play a game based on people's search histories called 'serial killer or writer?'

So, funny story. In my neck of the woods some dude recently got arrested for murdering his wife. His google history included things like:

how do I get rid of a body
if I have blood on my clothes from a crime should I wash them or throw them away
do bodies decompose faster when buried


The list went on and on. He did not use the "I'm just a writer defense." He was just stupid.

Back to Top
Rullawaykid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular


Joined: 16 Oct 2021
Status: Offline
Points: 296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rullawaykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:46am
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

So, funny story. In my neck of the woods some dude recently got arrested for murdering his wife. His google history included things like:

how do I get rid of a body
if I have blood on my clothes from a crime should I wash them or throw them away
do bodies decompose faster when buried


The list went on and on. He did not use the "I'm just a writer defense." He was just stupid.


If you mean Brian Walshe, I can assure you that his fame has spread far and wide Big smile

Give the guy some credit though, he used his kid's ipad to do the searches, he's not a complete idiot. 
Back to Top
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2021
Location: Austin, TX
Status: Offline
Points: 873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:52am
I googled "anatomy of a wind chime" and learned that the center piece that the chimes hit is called a "striker" or "clapper." 
Back to Top
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt
Avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Location: ChillybytheSea
Status: Online
Points: 10687
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Rullawaykid Rullawaykid wrote:


Give the guy some credit though, he used his kid's ipad to do the searches, he's not a complete idiot. 

That's debatable. LOL

It's totally the prevailing office gossip here. It's a lot of excitement for the South Shore. 
Back to Top
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2021
Location: Austin, TX
Status: Offline
Points: 873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Rullawaykid Rullawaykid wrote:

I really need to know more about foot fetishists, and I have no idea how to frame my questions.

I googled "science behind foot fetishes" and did not get porn, so maybe try that.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.