NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Most interesting thing you googled for your story
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most interesting thing you googled for your story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote crez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most interesting thing you googled for your story
    Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:18pm
A couple years back, someone posted a thread during the Short Story Competition asking: 

What was the most interesting or random thing you googled while researching your story?

The results were entertaining, so if you're looking to procrastinate, or you just want to help your fellow writers procrastinate, let us know what you googled!
crez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:20pm
I googled "when were time zones invented?" 

Prior to 1883, the U.S. had over 144 local time zones.
Alyxbee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyxbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:42pm
Mine is boring! im pretty sure the only thing I googled was a grim reaper name generator -- and *maybe* about scythes? but otherwise I  was lucky to not need to lol
WhistlerCrowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote WhistlerCrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:50pm
I don't want to give away the *strangest* thing I've googled just yet. After midnight on Saturday, I will.  But the most stupidly worded thing I've googled was, "how long do lambs stay lambs?" Confused
BethanyDawn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BethanyDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by crez crez wrote:

I googled "when were time zones invented?" 

Prior to 1883, the U.S. had over 144 local time zones.

What in the tom-foolery? That is insane. 
AprilBaker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AprilBaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:59pm
How to make wine. More specifically what grapes make what kind and does the type of wood of the barrel make a difference. 
aao View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 12:05am
Originally posted by WhistlerCrowe WhistlerCrowe wrote:

I don't want to give away the *strangest* thing I've googled just yet. After midnight on Saturday, I will.  But the most stupidly worded thing I've googled was, "how long do lambs stay lambs?" Confused

I don't see what's stupid about that, or how to word it better... all I can think of in terms of wording it differently is "when do lambs turn into sheep?" or "when are lambs considered adults?" - both of which seems waaaaay stupider. LOL

Can't wait to hear what your strange google was!!!
ZoeLou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ZoeLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 12:55am
My searches this round have been fairly mundane, but I'm still waiting for a knock on my door after 100 word micro:

"How to get rid of body"
"Can you flush cat down toilet"
"Can you flush person down toilet"

... "How to unclog toilet"

(Honestly though, there's no way NYCM can assign me horror + flushing something down a toilet and NOT expect my mind to go to some weird places.) Ermm
SSC R1: The Many Faces of Gemini

All my NYCM work: Author Archive
MGlass View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 12:58am
currently "World's largest puppet"
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:54am
I like to think that, somewhere in Google HQ, they play a game based on people's search histories called 'serial killer or writer?'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>