NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micro 250 - Titles and 1st 3 words

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Renate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:46am
Title: sh*t happens
Words: The ad read
Genre: Comedy (also myth if that was a genre)

Extra extra bonus points.. my animal is a dove! 
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Renate Renate wrote:

Title: sh*t happens
Words: The ad read
Genre: Comedy (also myth if that was a genre)

Extra extra bonus points.. my animal is a dove! 

I’m intrigued! 
incompletegenius View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incompletegenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:54pm
Title: On wings and prayers
Genre: Spec-Fic/Dystopian
First three words: “Die Free!” The...

Delilah Doe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delilah Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by kristina_f kristina_f wrote:

Originally posted by Draiglas Draiglas wrote:

It ... triggers a majority of the content warnings. I think it's easier to list the ones I won't need to warn about though some are by implication rather than express. I'm actually wondering if I will hit a record for most crammed into 250 words.

I promise I will read your content warnings like the side effect warnings at then end of drug commercials.

Yes... hello spirit animal! I understand content warnings, but it also feels like it creates watered- down writing, where people are afraid to hold up a mirror to the world as it actually is.

It writing is palatable, it will probably not make you feel anything. And therefore, why do we bother to write?  

Lila
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Delilah Doe Delilah Doe wrote:

Originally posted by kristina_f kristina_f wrote:

Originally posted by Draiglas Draiglas wrote:

It ... triggers a majority of the content warnings. I think it's easier to list the ones I won't need to warn about though some are by implication rather than express. I'm actually wondering if I will hit a record for most crammed into 250 words.

I promise I will read your content warnings like the side effect warnings at then end of drug commercials.

Yes... hello spirit animal! I understand content warnings, but it also feels like it creates watered- down writing, where people are afraid to hold up a mirror to the world as it actually is.

It writing is palatable, it will probably not make you feel anything. And therefore, why do we bother to write?  

Lila

It just tells people what's coming up so they can decide if that's what they want to engage with. I don't understand why it would discourage people from saying what they want to say or writing how they want to write. 

250:
R2 G7
SSC:
R1 G127 Degenerate Tarot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic