NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micro 100 Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AutumnBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:53am
This is my first time doing an nyc contest but I’m assuming they would tell you in your feedback if you were disqualified or not?
PraiseItBlazeIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PraiseItBlazeIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:55am
Thank you, I wasn't aware feedback would be sent out, I was just kind of peeved from the sense of, "Well, if it's cuz I got DQ'd tell me for future reference so I know what to further avoid and specify, or if it's my work let me know so I know what to further improve upon or drop" With no explanation I was left kind of floored, wondering if it was too close to another genre or not. I appreciate your reply! <3 Thank you!
KOLynn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KOLynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:57am
People here mentioned that the results go out right away, but then the feedback you get will slowly trickle out over the next few days.  So you will receive feedback from the individual judges.
sgspeed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:08am
Write on everyone!

Edited by sgspeed - 22 Jul 2021 at 1:14am
22Cupcake22 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 22Cupcake22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:25am
So happy to be squeaking through with a fourteenth place finish!!  I was really proud of my story and I can’t wait to hear the judges feedback.  Congrats to everyone who submitted.  We all put ourselves out there and no matter where you placed, you accomplished something worthwhile!  Best of luck to those going forward.  
RadBadOrJustSad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadBadOrJustSad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:42am
Made it through with a 15th place in my group. For never having done a contest like this before I'd say I'm pleased! Now to refocus for Saturday.

Wish more of the people who advanced in my group shared. Would love to see the higher-placed works for comparison. 
Sparker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:45am
Congratulations everyone... and I do mean everyone! 

I’m a little dismayed at some of the comments, so for anyone feeling a bit sour in the grapes, please know that I appreciate everyone who posts their stories on the forum. Reading yours has helped me learn and feeds the inspiration bank. I have valued every word of your feedback.  Your stories and your feedback have been the best part of this experience and far surpasses the entry fee, and that’s before the judges even get out of bed in the morning. 

My writing buddy didn’t advance this time, but she’s still writing with me this weekend, because it’s fun and she’s amazing.  If anyone else wants to write for practise or fun, hit me up.  I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to read it and happy to give feedback. 

✍️ Keep writing!  

Edited by Sparker - 22 Jul 2021 at 1:54am
Sparker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:51am
Originally posted by jasondenys jasondenys wrote:

Oh well, maybe next time!

What? 
You were ROBBED!! 
Dammit, Sal!  

Write with us anyway. ✍️ 
It’s lockdown 5.0, what else have you got to do? 

Edited by Sparker - 22 Jul 2021 at 1:54am
Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:57am
I made it! It was my first ever piece of microfiction so I am absolutely thrilled that I made it through and placed 7th in my group! 
Reaching Nana MF100 R1 G48

Web: www.loseyourselfbooks.wordpress.com
Insta: @loseyourselfbooks
KirstyHasLeft View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyHasLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:22am
YAY, I came 13th!! :)

Last time I took part, I didn't do great, so I am quite pleased.

Thank you everyone for reading my story and your comments. They really helped my anxious soul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>
  Share Topic