NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micro 100 Final Prompt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:29pm
Best wishes to all in the final round!
Is there a beta reader's list this time? If so, then where do I find it?
FireHorse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Katmiller Katmiller wrote:

The trouble is that in the final round we're all competing with each other so can't really beta for each other.
I reached out to a couple of people who had beta'd for me before who didn't make it through to the final.

Best of luck!
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:39pm
@kayelizarod - You’ll get there! I much prefer having the genre assigned as well! 

@FireHorse - Considering the sheer number of entrants, not to mention the quality of writing I’ve seen, I have zero expectations of placing. As a consequence, I’m much more relaxed than in previous rounds. 

@Katmiller - I keep hoping that some benevolent beta reader (not in the competition) will offer their services! 

Edited by slinkylink - 30 Jul 2022 at 1:42pm
samanthadunne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samanthadunne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:41pm
You guys work so quick!! I am just now pounding out a FIRST draft hahaha

These prompts are vague. They've got me stuck between two very different ideas!

And I'm wondering the same, @Katmiller. 

I need all the help I can get LOL
just_a_pause View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote just_a_pause Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:56pm
I've managed to get a few betas from wonderful people who have beta'd the novel that I'm soon going to submit to agents. Writer friends are the best! Especially as I hadn't prepped them in advance that I'd need them for today as wasn't expecting to make it through!

I'm actually pretty happy with how my story has turned out. I hated the open prompts and open genre but I do think I've crafted something good (not wanting to brag, but hey, we've got to have faith in ourselves!) Don't expect to place at all, but I hope it'll at least be a story you all enjoy reading in the forums afterwards. Got a couple more hours pre bed so now to try and avoid over-tinkering!

I love microfiction so much. It holds a very special place in my heart!
Katmiller View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Originally posted by Katmiller Katmiller wrote:

The trouble is that in the final round we're all competing with each other so can't really beta for each other.
I reached out to a couple of people who had beta'd for me before who didn't make it through to the final.

Best of luck!

Thanks for responding and best of luck to you too!
kayelizarod View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kayelizarod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by samanthadunne samanthadunne wrote:

You guys work so quick!! I am just now pounding out a FIRST draft hahaha

Don't feel bad. I just finished working on my first draft. Now I'm going to let it marinate for a few hours before I revise.
k3n View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:10pm
Submitted!

Best of luck to everyone!
FF C1 RatRace
MF R1 Unbreakable
MF R2 Chase
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:10pm
I’m working on a piece for fun but I’m not competing in the final round, anyone can PM me for a beta read. I’m a little busy in the next hour or two but will have the rest of the day free.
kayelizarod View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kayelizarod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

It'd be nice if there was a list of folks who didn't make it through to the final who would be willing to beta read!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic