NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MF100 R2 Title + First Three Words

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UK5AM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 5:17am
Getting excited to read some of these entries now! Hopefully soon Smile
karenjgibson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenjgibson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:12am
Gp 3: Sci Fi/setting up a tent/being

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

The second moon

Gotta be honest.... not my best work. Science Fiction is HARD, y'all. 
CrayolaSmoker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrayolaSmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:40am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Originally posted by KT Seto KT Seto wrote:

MF100 R2-  g26/comedy/shaking/cheap

I really skated in with this one, didn't finish until 10PM after beating my head against the wall for most of the day since the prompt could go trite very easily. I almost ended up writing about murder chickens. I liked my final story though so that is something.

Story Title -  Late

First three words:
I have seventeen

After reading that you almost wrote about murder chickens, my first thought was "seventeen chickens??" I kind of hope the next word is "chickens," but I'll definitely have to check out your story to find out! LOL

I had the same thought process!

I so look forward to seeing what the other 26ers came up with. I spent my time learning that being a witty guy and being a comedic storyteller are VERY different skill sets.
CrayolaSmoker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrayolaSmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:43am

Originally posted by Bdisher Bdisher wrote:

OMG, if no one starts a "First Draft" thread within 24 hrs of confirmation emails going out, I may be tempted to--this is too good an opportunity to pass up. The beta readers who turned my run-on, punctuation-less word soup into something structured enough to no longer summon a demon (probably, hopefully) deserve a million dollars LOL

Also, can we do a thread of the different ideas that we bounced around before we finally settled on what we wrote? That would be awesome.

Yes, I can see it now! "MF100 Failed and First Drafts" LOL

That would be fun. I could contribute the three stories I disarded, but I’m I the habit of editing the original and not saving individual drafts. I should probably start. The two stories I polished had a bit of a journey.
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:53am
Originally posted by CrayolaSmoker CrayolaSmoker wrote:

OMG, if no one starts a "First Draft" thread within 24 hrs of confirmation emails going out, I may be tempted to--this is too good an opportunity to pass up. The beta readers who turned my run-on, punctuation-less word soup into something structured enough to no longer summon a demon (probably, hopefully) deserve a million dollars LOL

Also, can we do a thread of the different ideas that we bounced around before we finally settled on what we wrote? That would be awesome.

That would be fun. I could contribute the three stories I disarded, but I’m I the habit of editing the original and not saving individual drafts. I should probably start. The two stories I polished had a bit of a journey.

I do the same thing! I normally have a chaotic "notes" doc then a story doc that I keep editing from start to finish. Fortunately, I sent my betas word documents (I get too anxious working on a document while other people are also looking at it), so I have the first version I sent out (special props to the betas who read through absolute word soup), then my final. I'll definitely post said word soup in any first draft thread that comes about (even if I have to make it myself haha) once we get our confirmation emails LOL
kariswhite View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kariswhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 9:08am
Love this!! Very excited to see how this becomes horror! 

Originally posted by EMeadows EMeadows wrote:

Group 12 | Horror | Writing in a Notebook | undo

Santa's Slay

Ho, ho, ho! 
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by CrayolaSmoker CrayolaSmoker wrote:

True to my word, this thread is now live! LOL MF100 Failed and First Drafts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic