NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MF100 R2 Title + First Three Words

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samanthadunne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Originally posted by Bdisher Bdisher wrote:

Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

OMG, if no one starts a "First Draft" thread within 24 hrs of confirmation emails going out, I may be tempted to--this is too good an opportunity to pass up. The beta readers who turned my run-on, punctuation-less word soup into something structured enough to no longer summon a demon (probably, hopefully) deserve a million dollars LOL

Also, can we do a thread of the different ideas that we bounced around before we finally settled on what we wrote? That would be awesome.

Yes, I can see it now! "MF100 Failed and First Drafts" LOL

Yesss!!! That thread would be gold, too. I think it's always so interesting to see other writers' processes. Plus, it's comforting to know even the best among us improve with each draft! 
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 1:53pm
Gr. 19 (? I think?) Ghost story/taking off an earring/near

The balcony opens
rmaterese View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaterese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:39pm
Group 16: RomCom / Putting flowers on a grave / Rush

Deliver to 500 South Buena Vista Street

The priest looked...
JeanetteMarie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeanetteMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:42pm
Gr 4/Romance/hanging clothes out to dry/"mine"

Falling in Love with Lucy and Baxter in the Park

Every day after....

Edited by JeanetteMarie - 20 Jun 2022 at 3:22pm
KT Seto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KT Seto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 4:23pm
MF100 R2-  g26/comedy/shaking/cheap

I really skated in with this one, didn't finish until 10PM after beating my head against the wall for most of the day since the prompt could go trite very easily. I almost ended up writing about murder chickens. I liked my final story though so that is something.

Story Title -  Late

First three words:
I have seventeen
Kat S
coryphantha View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coryphantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 5:34pm

Group 8

Fairy tale and/or fantasy / Popping a bubble / bitter

Frozen Heat

The Phoenix woke 

Kali42 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kali42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by El Barotac El Barotac wrote:

Group 2
Drama, Petting a cat, Lush

A short way to forever

My husband barely

This was an intense one, as we had to put our cat down due to liver failure on Friday evening, so that became part of it. I have some concern about writing from the point of view of another gender and whether that amounts to some form of appropriation, but with my wife being my editor and her preferring the first person vs the third I decided to submit as-is. It was originally written in the third person.

Good luck all!

Hello heatmate!
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I lost mine to kidney failure about 5 years and she also became part of my story. Many sympathies to you and your wife.
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by KT Seto KT Seto wrote:

MF100 R2-  g26/comedy/shaking/cheap

I really skated in with this one, didn't finish until 10PM after beating my head against the wall for most of the day since the prompt could go trite very easily. I almost ended up writing about murder chickens. I liked my final story though so that is something.

Story Title -  Late

First three words:
I have seventeen

After reading that you almost wrote about murder chickens, my first thought was "seventeen chickens??" I kind of hope the next word is "chickens," but I'll definitely have to check out your story to find out! LOL
Zero11 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 1:09am
Originally posted by samanthadunne samanthadunne wrote:

Originally posted by Zero11 Zero11 wrote:

Group 27 Drama / strolling / mass

I honestly had to look up “drama”, but who was I kidding? I knew what drama was. I have teenagers and an 8 year old who annoyingly thinks she’s a teenager!  And so after submission and the outdoor movie’s attempt (bumbling first attempt with a Made in China projector with minimal instructions), the REAL DRAMA began. 

Two hysterical birds in our basement. My son running around with a fish net. My girls yelling at him to not hurt the birds. 

At midnight, I finally managed to get them to LEAVE THE BIRDS and GO TO BED!  Plan C if yelling didn’t work (Plan A - calm direction, plan B- yelling) was use my son’s AirSoft gun and shoot them and put them out of their misery.  But the Voice of Reason (who I do believe is dying) in the back of my head whispered, “They just watched Old Yeller” AND “you just wrote a story about childhood trauma”. 

So Plan D. Murder the birds while they slept peacefully in their beds and bury the bodies. Plan D failed when my tired brain crashed. 

Plan E? Name the birds. 

Oh, this definitely sounds like a LOT of drama! Can't wait to see what you came up with--former (and current) groupmate! :)

It won’t be clearly as dramatic as our bird saga. But you might like it, as I do deal with childhood trauma, a subject you recently explored!  Can’t wait for your feedback. 
niamh1988 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niamh1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:47am
I wrote my submission in half an hour on a hen (bachalorette) party; I almost missed the time/date because I had it wrong in my mind! I think my story is... rubbish.

Comedy/paying to park a vehicle/taste

Title: Desperate Times
First three words:

See: Crazed eyes...
MF10022
R2: DESPERATE TIMES
R1 (2nd): SUGAR SANDWICHES
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic