NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Master List Micro 100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Master List Micro 100
    Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:38am

My understanding is that OnyxLily and myrhapsody are not available to manage the Master List for Micro this year. It's a big job and it's understandable that folks have busy lives. 

Anyone up for giving it a go? With a comp this size, ideally a 2-3 folks. I'll be happy to help if there are not enough volunteers, but with 110 groups in the first round I cannot do it myself...
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:46am
I'd be happy to either spearhead or help out.
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:49am
Who makes the master forum, the big "100 Word Microfiction 2021 Review" sub-forum that we all subsequently post in?
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by LadyArkham LadyArkham wrote:

Who makes the master forum, the big "100 Word Microfiction 2021 Review" sub-forum that we all subsequently post in?

Charlie makes that happen. Whomever is doing the Master List just emails him and says they are doing the ML and asks him to grant them sticky powers. He'll do that once he makes the new forum. (Usually the new forum goes up shortly before the first round of confirmation emails go out.)

If you ask, he'll also give you a word doc list of the groups & prompts so it is easier to set up the Master.
katie100 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote katie100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:19pm
I’m new so you might have to explain what to do a little bit, but I’m available to help. 
Looks like the master list is a post with links to all the stories organized by group?
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by katie100 katie100 wrote:

I’m new so you might have to explain what to do a little bit, but I’m available to help. 
Looks like the master list is a post with links to all the stories organized by group?

That's correct. It makes it much easier for folks to find the stories they want to read. I'll send you both a DM and we can organize! 
BethanyDawn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BethanyDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:20pm
If you need someone else I'm happy to help! 

kara__kats View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kara__kats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:01pm
How do we post our stories this year?

Edited by kara__kats - 17 May 2021 at 1:01pm
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by kara__kats kara__kats wrote:

How do we post our stories this year?

Sometime tomorrow a new subforum will open called "The 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2021 Review." 

Once you get a confirmation email from NYCm (they will come sometime after the new forum opens) you will add a new topic in that forum to host your story, then put a request in to be put on the Master List.

Tomorrow I will add step-by-step instructions in the new forum, but in the mean time this is a great resource! Also, another great post on how to fix your signature is here.
 Post Reply Post Reply