NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've got nothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

I be stuck.  This drama writing is not that easy, at least not with the prompts I got.

If you want to PM me I'd be happy to look at the ideas you're working with and maybe throw a little chlorine trifluoride on your drama, see if we can heat it up a bit...

Thanks for that but I am not ready yet, I still have the idea that I consider good, it is just I am not really a soapy kinda guy, haha.  I just reread the rules and I dosn't have to have a full 12 pages!  So I have my head of steam again, will contact you in a few hours maybe if that is alright, I am going to put an ending and see how it looks.

Edited by Suave - 16 Apr 2019 at 10:11pm
Sponsored Links

Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

I be stuck.  This drama writing is not that easy, at least not with the prompts I got.

Hit me up, Suave. Drama is my jam, and I'd be happy to read or bounce ideas, etc. Just let me know!

Wow.  That was...I think...the only safe thing to do it put my headphones back on...

How are you doing, Vera?  Last I heard you were banging your head, which isn't an uncommon thing in your part of the country, but for the wrong reasons.
This Sig Intentionally Blank
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:12pm

Hit me up, Suave. Drama is my jam, and I'd be happy to read or bounce ideas, etc. Just let me know!

Thanks!  Will do when I am ready, it has to be reasonably coherent to me first, lol.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:15pm

Thanks!  Will do when I am ready, it has to be reasonably coherent to me first, lol.

I'm not completely coherent, why should you be?  Just write a couple sentence outline and go
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:27pm
She, she, she, she, she, she she she she she shesheshesheshesheshe. She.

This script is nothing but action, and right now I have '[name]' and 'she'.  A hundred thousand times.  Going to have to figure out a way to get out of it.  She does this.  She does that.  She does something else.  She wishes someone else were around to do something.  She thinks this is pointless.  She wants me to stop now. 

You don't touch the other elves like that!
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:01am
*throwing complaint to the wind that with the 48-hour challenge there is barely enough time to hate everything and fall into a deep despair because MUST GET ALL DONE NOW NOW NOW but with this challenge I get EIGHT WHOLE DAYS OF QUESTIONING MYSELF GAAAAAAA*
SC R1 G31 - Salt & Light (5th)
SC R2 G11 - Phantom Pains
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:33am
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

...EIGHT WHOLE DAYS OF QUESTIONING MYSELF...

I laughed out loud at this.

The struggle is real.
Emfizz View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm
I'm not usually one to cry woe is me about prompts, but I seriously have the WORST prompts this time. Suspense, mining and a puppeteer??????? I have an idea that I now have to stick with, but I'm so uninspired and have so far written three pages of utter nonsense. Researching mining has made me realise that I am intensely bored (hah) by the subject and I don't know if I'll be able to finish this one, which is bumming me out. Anyone else having difficulties at this late stage still? 
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Emfizz Emfizz wrote:

I'm not usually one to cry woe is me about prompts, but I seriously have the WORST prompts this time. Suspense, mining and a puppeteer??????? I have an idea that I now have to stick with, but I'm so uninspired and have so far written three pages of utter nonsense. Researching mining has made me realise that I am intensely bored (hah) by the subject and I don't know if I'll be able to finish this one, which is bumming me out. Anyone else having difficulties at this late stage still? 

It's pretty horrible, but that's the prompt.

Even if I were inclined to think this is [horror/comedy/action/romance/suspense/thriller/erotica/drama] after you read it a few thousand times it's nothing but boring

Maybe it's horror.  I'm sure the judges won't be shy about expressing their opinion.

It's almost Easter, you found it or you didn't.
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Emfizz Emfizz wrote:

I am so glad that I resisted the urge to enter the screenplay competition at the last minute!

But I'll throw some things out there - just in case they help:

Gold mines in Wales - mainly mined out by the Romans but some still in production - Dolau Cothi - scam suspense - working gullible investors like puppets - I mean, who knows that there's a barely a teaspoon of gold (it might be a bit more!) in Welsh mines now??

Deep deep slate mines in North Wales - https://www.zipworld.co.uk/adventure/caverns - home of one of the most complicated zipwire courses in the world - underground - maybe a villain playing a victim like a puppet on the wires over some severely deep and dark drops??

Good Luck - necessity (or desperation) is the mother of invention - don't give up!

FF2019 R1 Broken Wing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic