NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introductions? (Or, I Need Friends :P)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by cat_astrophe cat_astrophe wrote:

Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

A fellow New Yorker transplant!! Howdy! I am originally from Maine and now live in Brooklyn. :)

Oh hey!! I'm actually in Brooklyn too! Hope you're surviving in this heat Cry

Awesome!! And this heat has been kicking my ass. Have enjoyed staying in my air conditioned apartment. :)
#amrevising
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:04pm
I was just in Queens yesterday for a book launch/reading and...yeah, that wasn't fun weather. I hope none of the NYers were on the subway. My brother came to see me read and he ended up having to take some absurd circuitous route because most of the trains weren't running because of heat-related malfunctions. 
nadroj93 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadroj93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 11:10pm
I'm glad this thread went over well!

I'll try to read responses soon but I've been distracted by all the shiny new stories getting posted!
Nehasrivi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nehasrivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 12:59am
This is an interesting post. We call ourselves whatever we want or whatever we are comfortable with, so interesting to see all the various ways we employ ourselves.
I, Out of the designations, love the office of a ‘mom’, so call myself a full time mom and part time writer:) Then of course comes the advertising humdrum...which I have done that for over 17 years. 
There is so much emotion and talent across the world and this is a super medium to connect to it. Reading all the stories at ease and learning a lot from them. A big thanks to everyone on board! 

Edited by Nehasrivi - 21 Jul 2019 at 1:28am
BethanyDawn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BethanyDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:26pm
I'm a  mom to a 1 year old, wife, and social worker. I'm a serious book nerd and love writing, though I haven't written fiction since high school. 

I love to keep busy and tend to overextend myself. I finished my Master's degree in May which I did while pregnant, with a newborn, and with a full time job and side gig. I finally decided to let go of some commitments and make time for myself. I stumbled on the ad on FB and I'm so glad I did! I am always in need of more writer friends and a fun way to re-introduce myself to fiction writing. 
kodanie1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodanie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:47pm
Hi!

I'm a high school English teacher, GSA co-sponsor, literary magazine co-sponsor, and track coach. Just listing all of that made my end-of-summer anxiety creep up!

I started doing the FFC three years ago when I happened across it on Facebook, and I love that it's now part of my summer every year. I rarely write anymore because of my busy schedule and because of my lack of a deadline... NYCM forces me to free up 48 hours and makes it a deadline too!
NKurt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:20am
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Welcome, heatmate! :) Be careful, this place is addictive.
I guess (in the grand scheme of things) that this is a much cheaper and less destructive addiction than some of the other vices out there Tongue
FFCH2: The Very Berry Psychopath (14 points)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920