NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Impatient

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeLynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

Originally posted by DeLynn DeLynn wrote:

Originally posted by Nicole622 Nicole622 wrote:

I agree! I'm checking my email like 5 times a day. And still nothing! I've half-convinced myself my something horrible happened and my submission didn't go through haha

ONLY 5 TIMES?!?!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????? LOLWinkLOLWinkLOL

Two words: push notifications.

Not going to do me much good.  Screenplay in two days, then I need to start getting ready for some other things that are going to eat up a few weeks in May.  Hopefully the weather improves and I can get some practice in before the first major match in June. 

Not sure if/how many of these I'll get to read well enough to comment.  This is a pretty busy time of year.

I'm seeing lots of stories posted on the Forum... but no email for me. Have that many gotten emails? Hours and hours ago?

R1/H102 1st:
Smack
R2/H18: Tilly's Run

Sponsored Links

nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:44am

I'm seeing lots of stories posted on the Forum... but no email for me. Have that many gotten emails? Hours and hours ago?

I don't think anyone's gotten email yet. They are (should be) just placeholder thread with no active links to the story. The idea was to let Suave get a jump on the Master List.  However, we've never really done this before and it may have been a mistake - folks are getting antsy thinking there are stories to read.... LOL

Edited by nod1v1ng - 10 Apr 2019 at 10:44am
SSC1 Between Heartbeats-2nd
SSC2 Down Payment - HM
justmel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:44am

Your comment surprised me (because I haven't gotten an email either) so I browsed the posts, and found this, posted by Random:  "...NOBODY should have a link to an actual story anywhere yet.  Please be clear on that...in theory we're jumping the gun, but waiting to create posts swamps the list keeper (Suave in this case).  When we get the all clear we can add the correct link to our posts rather than Suave getting completely dumped on by everyone posting at once."
MrLipto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrLipto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:44am
It will be soon. It’s coming.

Edited by MrLipto - 10 Apr 2019 at 10:45am
DeLynn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeLynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:53am

I don't think anyone's gotten email yet. They are (should be) just placeholder thread with no active links to the story. The idea was to let Suave get a jump on the Master List.  However, we've never really done this before and it may have been a mistake - folks are getting antsy thinking there are stories to read.... LOL

LOL!! Well, I was one of those! I posted on a heat-mate's story that his link wasn't working. Confused BAAAhahahahaha!!

R1/H102 1st:
Smack
R2/H18: Tilly's Run

Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:58am

LOL!! Well, I was one of those! I posted on a heat-mate's story that his link wasn't working. Confused BAAAhahahahaha!!

My bad; holdover from what I've done for a living since forever...you do everything you can before go time so you're not wasting effort when time matters.

Sometimes I forget there are evolutions when time really doesn't matter. 
This Sig Intentionally Blank
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

My bad; holdover from what I've done for a living since forever...you do everything you can before go time so you're not wasting effort when time matters.

It seemed like a good idea at the time... (says the person on the bandwagon with a placeholder thread)
SSC2 Down Payment - HM
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:05am
They’re coming! Just got my confirmation email!
Screenplay R2Murderous Intent

Screenplay R1 <a href="https://tinyurl.com/y3nl3qdo" rel="nofollow">Figure Eight [/URL]
crez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:17am
My email states they received my first round submission but then gives the info about my second round story. 

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your Short Story Challenge 2019 first round submission titled “Solar” and it will be judged in Heat 9 - Comedy / Enemies / A saxophonist.

Did this happen to anyone else?
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by crez crez wrote:

My email states they received my first round submission but then gives the info about my second round story. 

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your Short Story Challenge 2019 first round submission titled “Solar” and it will be judged in Heat 9 - Comedy / Enemies / A saxophonist.

Did this happen to anyone else?

I got the email twice....
SSC2 Down Payment - HM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic