NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to upload script with link to forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAbeles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to upload script with link to forum
    Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:47am
I am not the techiest of nerds, so can anyone tell me exactly how I can upload my script to the forum with a link? Like, for dummies? Thanks!
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:56am
There are some great resources that tell you how to do this, but here's a summary:
1. Post your document on a file sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive or Onedrive.
2. Get a "Share" link from that service, and save it to a notepad file.
3. Create a post in the Screenplay 2019 forum. Help us by using your group/genre/prop/person in the title.
4. In that post, put the title of your screenplay and your group/genre/prop/person again, as well as your log line.
5. ALSO IN THAT POST put a link to your shared file. (This is absolutely critical) This is from the Share link you got in step 3.
6. When you click the Create button, you'll have a new forum post. COPY that URL to your post and save it to your notepad file.
7. Go to the Screenplay 2019 forum, in the Round 1 Master list, and create a Reply to steph9289. In that reply, paste the URL link to your FORUM post (step 6). Also tell steph9289 your group, genre/prop/person AND your story title.
8. Click the create button.

After a bit, steph9289 (who's volunteering!) will see your new post and update the master list.

Good luck!
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 3:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply