NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOW TO PUT YOUR STORY LINK INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOW TO PUT YOUR STORY LINK INTO YOUR SIGNATURE
    Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 9:43pm
To get your link into signature use the code below and paste it into the signature field in your member's  profile page.

To do this, you will need to copy your thread review address as it appears at the top of the page when you are sitting in your flash story review thread. (That topic you've created for reviewing your story.) It should look something like this; http://forums.nycmidnight.com/r2-grp-7-the-queens-treasure_topic7913.html

it's the address of your flash review story topic. Not your blog address where the story is.

Paste it into the spot where you see the first red space below. Then paste your story title into the second red space. You must follow this exact spacing

Below is the code for pasting your info into:
URL=http://forumsxxxxxxxxxhtml] rel="nofollow]your story name here[/URL] 

You are almost done!

Now, take the above and paste it into an email page or someplace other than in this forum to finish it....

When you've done that, Add this:  [   onto the very beginning of the whole thing so you complete the URL box. The beginning should now look like this:  

[URL=http://forums.nyc

**You can't do this part using a field in the forum because if you do, parts will disappear and you won't get the spacing right.

Once you've got the [ added to the beginning of the above,  copy it out of your email and paste it into your signature box in your profile page.

Next hit the update button.

If it doesn't work, take it out of the sig field and start over in an email or somewhere, comparing the spacing to above. Don't try to fix it in the sig field. It won't work because parts will no longer be visible there. 

Good luck!

Edited by topangarose - 24 Aug 2014 at 10:25pm
NYC Cat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:43pm
Hi topangarose,
Thank you SO much for taking the time to spell that out. It's so complicated! I'd never figure it out alone. I hope it worked - I'll see with this post!
Again, thanks!
Tongue

Nope~! I'll try some more lol ...

Edited by NYC Cat - 25 Aug 2014 at 8:44pm
NYC Cat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:45pm
Maybe now?

nope! hmm, back to the drawing board ...

Edited by NYC Cat - 25 Aug 2014 at 8:45pm
NYC Cat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:49pm
Once more ...
LOL
NYC Cat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:52pm
Last time, otherwise I bow out in defeat - I have to bake some cookies!

OK, well, I'll copy and paste my forum place address, and hopefully people can find it. This is beyond my technological abilities to see what I'm doing wrong! :)

Thanks anyway for trying! I'm sure it's something really silly ... Cool

Edited by NYC Cat - 25 Aug 2014 at 8:54pm
ShortSofie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortSofie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 1:42pm
Thanks so much! I was wondering how everyone was doing it :)
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:50pm
Thanks!
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 4:18am
Originally posted by topangarose topangarose wrote:

To get your link into signature use the code below and paste it into the signature field in your member's  profile page.

To do this, you will need to copy your thread review address as it appears at the top of the page when you are sitting in your flash story review thread. (That topic you've created for reviewing your story.) It should look something like this; http://forums.nycmidnight.com/r2-grp-7-the-queens-treasure_topic7913.html

I use a slightly simpler way. 

Once you have your story URL, go to the Members Profile area, and scroll down to the Signature Field.  The BB code that you can paste into your signature is:

[URL=http://www.example.com]My Link[/URL]. 

Replace the URL with your own for your story, and replace My Link with the title of your story.  So it looks something like this:

[URL= http://forums.nycmidnight.com/r2-grp-7-the-queens-treasure_topic7913.html]Title of your forum post[/URL]

That should do it.  Click on Preview to see it is working ok, and then click Update.

Good luck

No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:13am
NYC Cat

I think you are missing a part of your thread address;  Try this:
Add the    [   right in front of the first URL and paste that into your signature field in profile and see what happens.

Eggcorn- I can see and extra [ right in front of the  rel=  that's probably hanging yours up

Short Sofie: 

Add the [ in front of your first URL and see what happens when you past it into your signature field in profile

URL=http://forums.nycmidnight.com/r1-g11-a-cold-reading_topic8280_post91995.html?KW=#91995] rel="nofollow]A Cold Reading[/URL] 

Edited by topangarose - 28 Aug 2014 at 5:23am
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:07am
Hm, mine still isn't working. Not sure what is going on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>