NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How the day starts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:40pm
Sponsored Links

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:49pm
Here is a link to a picture of what was left after my landlord took it out in my place - they usually don't kill them, but I guess the smaller ones are just too quick for the non snake catchers.

Edited by Suave - 10 Aug 2018 at 4:39am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:59am

Another snake in my house on boxing day! Only half the size of the other one. (see pic link below)A Copperhead Racer got in, has the same venom as a cobra but no fangs to inject it, if bitten you get swollen and red around the bite.

Funny how this happened - the next door neighbor started burning, again, so I started shutting windows on that side and the back door. When I went to close the back door it got hard to close so I looked at the door jam and there he was - just pure luck I got him. He was alive when I took him out as I did not want blood all over the place this time, but not much of a mover due to the crushed spine.

I decided to re-stuff the bottom of the door and tried opening the security, iron, door and it fell on the ground, lol, hinges rusted right through. So, now the door has been taken away to rebuild it and I have tape across the wooden door till I get everything squared away.

Snakes in the house really mess up your whole safe place thing.

Edited by Suave - 31 Dec 2018 at 9:50pm
bleustick View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bleustick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:36am
Agh. Snakes. I jump out of my skin and can't sleep if I think I hear a mouse. (And I have cats, who swiftly eat the occasional mouse that attempts refuge here. And I've even owned and loved rats before. I don't know why the thought of a tiny field mouse sneaking in bed with me wigs me out.) I love snakes, as do my reptile-loving kiddos, but I can't imagine dealing with your situation well Shocked. There are parts here in the States that scorpions are a bit of a nuisance, and I'm not crazy about that idea either.
FFC CH4: Nothing But Flowers (Open)
FFC CH3: Just Us Flower Eaters (Com)
FFC CH2: Flowers Grew Through Them (Mys)
FFC CH1: No Room For Flowers (Pol Sat)
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:00pm
Haha, have my security door back - nicely repainted and with new hinges. 

As the bubble wrap stuffed under the door did not work out so well, and as I never open it, I have duct taped around its edges.  Now, I can leave the back door open for the ventilation without worry, I hope.
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm
OH my gosh, Suave, your IRL snake stories give me nightmares!

R1 The Real Danger (Thriller) 0 pts
R2 Everything but the Mortgage (Hist Fic) 12 pts
Marc_Beard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marc_Beard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 6:05am
It looks like the morning start in Fallout world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic