NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How the day starts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Suave, you've got plenty to work with if you're assigned horror or thriller - truth is stranger than fiction! Smile

This last one was just a couple of miles from my house!  there is really no winning with the snakes: if it too hot then they come out to find shade or a drink.  If is raining then they come out to find somewhere dry.  I found one going past my front porch the other day, not too big only a yard long, so I have been snake proofing my back screen door that had a bout half and inch space underneath it - bubble wrap does wonders.

In Thailand it's ALWAYS too hot, raining, or both.  I guess this is the point.  Wake up, de-snake the bedroom (is it possible to snakeproof a dwelling there?), de-snake a path to the bathroom...

So what took you to Snakeland anyway?

Never 100%, but you can cut down the odds.  I try and turn on lights when I am going somewhere in the house, but you get pretty blasé after awhile, if you move slowly they have a chance to get away from you, they are much more afraid of you. . . but they do move quickly.  Some friends found a green tree snake looking out from where they keep the coffee cups last week when they went to make coffee, they are harmless and really a beautiful little critter when they are not in your cupboard looking at you.  I am living the life of the rich American in a foreign land - well, without being an asshole - or being that rich.

Edited by Suave - 07 Mar 2018 at 11:33am
Sponsored Links

MattrickBT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:58pm
Could be worse. You could have started your day by planting both feet in a pile of broken glass.
4th - R1 G52 The Bad Man

R2|H14The Hour
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by MattrickBT MattrickBT wrote:

Could be worse. You could have started your day by planting both feet in a pile of broken glass.

And the broken glass is from the whisky glass that King Cobra was drinking, waiting for you to wake up. But he lost his composure, good old K.C., and slammed the glass upon the very ground to wake you up. 

Mattrick's right. There ARE worse ways of waking up (besides Folger's in your cup).

Edited by Zblugg - 08 Mar 2018 at 1:01pm
Scribs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 2:18pm
When I think of King Cobras, or really any snake in general, I’m reminded of the Imgur post/list/whatever you call it where they were giving animals their ‘proper’ names. They had a picture of a cobra with the name “Danger Noodle” Seems appropriate.

But here in the states, particularly where I live, we have one important little smarmy individual we have to look out for. Science calls him the Diamondback rattlesnake, Imgur calls him the Audible Nope Rope.

Edited by Scribs - 08 Mar 2018 at 2:21pm
Nothing inspires creativity like the chance to fall flat on ones face.
R1H101 No Quarter Given
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

And the broken glass is from the whisky glass that King Cobra was drinking, waiting for you to wake up. But he lost his composure, good old K.C., and slammed the glass upon the very ground to wake you up. 

Mattrick's right. There ARE worse ways of waking up (besides Folger's in your cup).

There was no king cobra in my past. I just broke a drinking glass in my sleep and woke up in a horrible, horrible way. I still went bowling though!
4th - R1 G52 The Bad Man

R2|H14The Hour
Scribs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:07am

Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

There was no king cobra in my past. I just broke a drinking glass in my sleep and woke up in a horrible, horrible way. I still went bowling though!

You just THINK there was no king cobra.....

Nothing inspires creativity like the chance to fall flat on ones face.
R1H101 No Quarter Given
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 7:34am
If there was a King Cobra in Canada, the shock of that alone would probably kill me.
4th - R1 G52 The Bad Man

R2|H14The Hour
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:25pm

If there was a King Cobra in Canada, the shock of that alone would probably kill me.

It was nice knowing you.

You can watch the feeding at 11:45 AM Saturdays.

https://reptilia.org/feeding-schedule/
2018 Screenplay: Employee of the Quarter
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattrickBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

It was nice knowing you.

You can watch the feeding at 11:45 AM Saturdays.

https://reptilia.org/feeding-schedule/

Zoos don't count. I mean, there are Kangaroos and Rhinos and Elephants in the zoo. But they ain't out in the wild. I mean, if they escaped, they would be.
4th - R1 G52 The Bad Man

R2|H14The Hour
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic