NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How the day starts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How the day starts!
    Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:54pm
When I wake up in the night and then hear something in my house, it is not like most people where it could be the cat or dog. I assume it is a sloppy gecko pushing something around. Then, as I come a bit further awake, I have to wonder if the noise was a snake, a python, or even worse a cobra maybe eating a gecko. Well, now I can't get back to sleep and seeing as I could do a a bathroom visit if I tried, I get up and look around and find nothing. I will be watching for snakes all day today.

Edited by Suave - 17 Feb 2018 at 5:19am
Sponsored Links

Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

When I wake up in the night and then hear something in my house, it is not like most people where it could be the cat or dog. I assume it is a sloppy gecko pushing something around. Then, as I come a bit further awake I have to wonder if the noise was a snake, a python, or even worse a cobra maybe eating a gecko. Well, now I can't get back to sleep and seeing as I could do a a bathroom visit if I tried I get up and look around and find nothing. I will be watching for snakes all day today.

Ah, yes.  What an entertaining part of the world to live in.  Maybe just a banded krait looking for a snack.  Nothing to see here, move along...
2018 Screenplay: Employee of the Quarter
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 7:06am
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 10:24am

Read this an say nothing to see here.  Haha.
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1025389-look-at-the-size-of-it-video-shows-huge-snake-captured-in-nakhon-sri-thammarat/

Oh, I've been in that neck of the woods once or twice.  Everything creeps, crawls, slithers, slinks, most of it is nasty, everything smells like...jungle, which has it's own smell, and there's a valid technical reason why I never went back.  Apart from not handling heat well anymore; cold I can still do fine, but heat gets to me quickly.  That's why I live in a high desert  Tongue
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:00pm
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:33pm

https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/7-krabi-king-cobras-reported-one-day-5-captured-released

Oh, pshaw.  When I was there they had BIG dangerous snakes, not little 4 meter babies like that one!  Heck, we used cobras as alarm clocks; bite me at 5:30, if I smack you on the head bite me again at 5:40.  Gosh, those were the days...big dangerous snakes were really BIG and dangerous.  Men were manly, women were womanly...

Wacko

I did mention the valid technical reasons why I haven't been back any time in the last thirty-five years or so, right?  Apart from that being a pretty big puddle to jump...
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:27pm
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:29pm
Suave, you've got plenty to work with if you're assigned horror or thriller - truth is stranger than fiction! Smile
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

Suave, you've got plenty to work with if you're assigned horror or thriller - truth is stranger than fiction! Smile

This last one was just a couple of miles from my house!  there is really no winning with the snakes: if it too hot then they come out to find shade or a drink.  If is raining then they come out to find somewhere dry.  I found one going past my front porch the other day, not too big only a yard long, so I have been snake proofing my back screen door that had a bout half and inch space underneath it - bubble wrap does wonders.

Edited by Suave - 06 Mar 2018 at 10:47pm
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:54am

Originally posted by lisafox10800 lisafox10800 wrote:

This last one was just a couple of miles from my house!  there is really no winning with the snakes: if it too hot then they come out to find shade or a drink.  If is raining then they come out to find somewhere dry.  I found one going past my front porch the other day, not too big only a yard long, so I have been snake proofing my back screen door that had a bout half and inch space underneath it - bubble wrap does wonders.

In Thailand it's ALWAYS too hot, raining, or both.  I guess this is the point.  Wake up, de-snake the bedroom (is it possible to snakeproof a dwelling there?), de-snake a path to the bathroom...

So what took you to Snakeland anyway?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic