NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How is everyone doing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayvox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How is everyone doing?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 7:51pm
With 4 hours left, just wondering how everyone else getting on :) 

I think I'm just about ready to upload, haven't got it beta read though, but I've also got nothing to lose as I received a whopping zero in the last round :P 

stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 7:55pm
I've posted mine. The suspense is akin to watching an egg fry in a pan--it happens just like you expect--but I got something posted.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:25pm
I submitted, and just resubmitted because I wanted to rewrite my logline. Hope the latest version is the one that gets there - they just go by the latest one, right? I didn't change the actual script at all, but the logline was atrocious. 
awai View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:32pm
Not sure if I'm improving with time management or just getting a better hang of it all, but it sure feels good to have script completed and submitted hours ahead -- as apposed to editing till the butt crack of dawn during the final minutes of the deadline...!! LOL
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

I submitted, and just resubmitted because I wanted to rewrite my logline. Hope the latest version is the one that gets there - they just go by the latest one, right? I didn't change the actual script at all, but the logline was atrocious. 

They take the latest one.

You're fine.

I've submitted as much as 16 times for other contests as I fine tune a submission, and it's the last one that they review.

Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:04pm
Just submitted about 20 minutes ago. I probably edited once too many times, but at least I finally cut the cord and just (moment from Frozen...) LET IT GO! LOL

--Tracy
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by awai awai wrote:

Not sure if I'm improving with time management or just getting a better hang of it all, but it sure feels good to have script completed and submitted hours ahead -- as apposed to editing till the butt crack of dawn during the final minutes of the deadline...!! LOL
Those last minute entries can be killer! :)
Even getting in early, when I went to submit I had a moment of panic thinking I'd possibly forgotten something awful like a time change or time zone difference and would find I'd missed the window. So even when it's good, it's still stressful.  Tongue
callmedeb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmedeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
I've submitted because I just can't look at it any more.

It's not my favourite. Not even sure I like it. Not clear on the plot.

So I am guessing 1st place. Ermm

Good luck all!
R1H78 - THE CHILDREN OF LIR
Writing is easy. You just open a vein and bleed.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:42pm
Submitted.  I'm not exactly sure of what I wrote, but I had fun.

I'm probably out this round, but at least I'll go out with a GONG. Ha!
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
Rachel M View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 9:58pm
Submitted it. Didn't love what I ended up with, but I actually enjoyed the challenge of trying to make a sub-par idea work through edits. Super curious for feedback on this one. Good luck everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>