NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are y'all doing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickey T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:09pm
Well, I made it. Not sure what I made, but there's five pages with words on them and that'll do me.
Short Screenplay 2019 - Round 4: Automata
Short Screenplay 2019 - Round 3: Gnaw
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:39pm
Okay, I read it once and didn't have the sudden, irresistible urge to strangle myself, so it's been uploaded.

Just remember scores don't matter until round 3.

Big smile
This Sig Intentionally Blank
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by katniss2107 katniss2107 wrote:

Does anyone know if you are heavily penalized for going over the page limit? I'm having trouble cutting down the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the 6th page.
Editing is one of my strengths. Happy to take a look. My email is on the beta spreadsheet. And yes, they look at things like going over the page limit.
TheUsualSuspect View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheUsualSuspect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 10:59pm
Kinda forgot about this with Thanksgiving and all. But I managed to write something in 30 minutes.

Having the wife do the ol' once over and then a quick edit before I submit. 

It's better than I thought it was going to be considering my prompts really had me scratching my head. 
Mrpenhead View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrpenhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:00pm
Just submitted my 7th or 8th draft.  Really tough to write a mystery in 5 pages!  Had fun though, my brain is mush now.  Good luck everyone that hasn't got theirs in yet!  
pgleleux View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgleleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:07pm
Done!
Finished with four hours to spare and sent out to a few readers. It was a crazy start... with a start and nothing else the first day. I didn't have a clue how it was going to play out. I woke up this morning with an idea for an end with a bit of a twist, so spent the day trying to weave the beginning and the end that didn't really fit together into something cohesive. I think it works ok.

It's my very first attempt at a thriller.

Can't wait to read what everybody came up with.
Jayvox View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayvox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:17pm
Submitted! Happy days, I thought I'd never do it and I had some real issues with Final Draft trying to convert the file to pdf. I ended up having to upload the .fdx file to Celtx(which then involved some reformatting) and convert to a pdf from there. All done now though Smile

Best of luck everyone finishing up
sgspeed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

Just a check-in here for y'all. How're y' doin'? Stuck? Got a brilliant idea but can't get the words right? Submitted? Given up?

For the first time I ever, I gave up.  I got Action/Adventure which I hate.  Got an image stuck in my mind, but couldn't get out of narrative format in my head. Couldn't do anything yesterday, had a gorgeous day and instead went Arizona ghost town hopping. 

I feel like a loser, but I had a great day.

Good luck you guys!!

FFC RD.1 Magic
MFCR2 Universal Truths
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:29pm
Still have half an hour to play with it, but nope, that's it.

Good luck all!

NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by sgspeed sgspeed wrote:

For the first time I ever, I gave up.  I got Action/Adventure which I hate.  Got an image stuck in my mind, but couldn't get out of narrative format in my head. Couldn't do anything yesterday, had a gorgeous day and instead went Arizona ghost town hopping. 

I feel like a loser, but I had a great day.

Good luck you guys!!
Cry Sorry to hear you gave up, but glad you enjoyed the day. It's not a ghost town, but did you make it to Bisbee? Moved here a year ago and just love it! Take care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic