NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey, losers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RBJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey, losers...
    Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 10:45am
Provocative, eh? :)

So, as a loser, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to assign myself to a group -- I choose 10 because I'm pretty sure there will be a Group 10 -- and play along, because it's fun. I thought I'd say so here, lest anyone else thinks that would be a good way to burn a hole in their weekend and hadn't thought of it.

Best wishes to you all. And in the inimitable words of Taylor Swift (her writers??), "Shake it off."
SSC 2019 Round 1: Duluth
Sponsored Links

Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 10:58am
Great idea :-)

Though there is a “literary taxidermy” competition on the go elsewhere if you feel you need to give something a stuffing :-D
FF2019 R1 Broken Wing
nemmo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 10:58am
Hey there, fellow loser =D 

That sounds like good fun, and certainly more productive than anything else I would have done this weekend. I'm gonna hop on board and go for group 6.

Thanks for the good idea!
FFC19 R1 G24: The Monks' Apprentice
ttlbrake View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttlbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 11:06am
I want to, too... Group 7!
Round 1, Heat 60 "Suspended State"
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 11:09am
If we’re random I choose 5 but can I cheat and pick the first horror group because I don’t want to write a horror? Makes sense in my head!
FF2019 R1 Broken Wing
Smith Corona View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smith Corona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 11:10am
I bombed out, as well, but I decided earlier in the week to select a story project to work on this weekend so that if I bombed, I would still have some writing on deck. I'm going to use this weekend to knock out an entry for Havok:

good luck to all! Keep writing and submitting; this is only one contest. there are a lot of other opportunities out there!
SSC Round 1 Family Union
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:08pm
Just means more time to focus on my novel (which happens to be an expansion of last year's Round 1 Short Story). :)
Flash Fiction 2019 CH1 GR3 Sew Out of Time (Sci-Fi)
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Alex Grey Alex Grey wrote:

If we’re random I choose 5 but can I cheat and pick the first horror group because I don’t want to write a horror? Makes sense in my head!

Hey!  I'm the only Random here!

Go for something completely out of your comfort zone, then post it for comments.  Do that enough and you can handle whatever gets thrown at you.
This Sig Intentionally Blank
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Alex Grey Alex Grey wrote:

[DEVIL'S ADVOCATE HAT ON] 
Wouldn't this be the perfect time to do something you don't want to do?
Final Screenplay: The Origin Of The Origin Of Species (Open)
CH1 Flash Fiction: The Girl On The Box (Drama)
ginrae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginrae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm
As an Honorable Mention loser, I pick heat #3 as my next faux submission. Eh, there's always next year!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic