NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Submittable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeannmcmorrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Submittable
    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 9:01pm
I checked my Submittable account this evening to make sure that it is ready to go for the next round of the 100 word challenge starting tonight. Unfortunately, I locked myself out of the account. I received a prompt that says to check in after 30 minutes, but I waited over an hour and I'm still receiving the same prompt. Is there a way to unlock my account so I can submit my next story tomorrow?
Thanks!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:09pm
You might try emailing Submittable as well as they are the source of your trouble.
leeannmcmorrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeannmcmorrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:18pm
Yes, I sent them a message, but unfortunately their web page seems to indicate that they only respond Monday-Friday, so I may need some alternative way of submitting.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:23pm
Email at this address and put Urgent in the topic line. feedback@nycmidnight.com

Would hate to see you miss out on your entry.
jayscottink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayscottink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:37pm
If you have an extra email account, maybe just create a second Submittable account? There's space in the submission form for your contest email/name/etc., and I've never had trouble submitting with an account that doesn't match my NYCM email.
Ladysmith (M100 R2, Hist Fic)
Heart-Burst (FF R1, Horror)
Tink Bell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:44am
Submittable isn't working. It's vey frustrating. I just sent them my story via email - the usual backup style.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:49am

Last week I heard people saying that about the submittable during the FF contest, never affected me at all. Makes me wonder why only some?
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:49am
Yeah, it looks like they haven't opened the submissions for Micro Round 2 yet!!
#amrevising
Tink Bell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:59am
Hi Suave, that is worrying if it's some and not others - that's intrinsically unfair. I'm shocked there doesn't appear to be anyone available to sort it out. Even though it's late, I would have thought there would be a night-shift tech person keeping an eye on things just in case of issues. 
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Tink Bell Tink Bell wrote:

Hi Suave, that is worrying if it's some and not others - that's intrinsically unfair. I'm shocked there doesn't appear to be anyone available to sort it out. Even though it's late, I would have thought there would be a night-shift tech person keeping an eye on things just in case of issues. 

If anyone is having this problem then send the story to feedback@nycmidnight.com
with an explanation. The email will be time stamped on their end so it should get your 
entry accepted as on time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic