NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help a Toasty Out: E-Mail Not Recognized?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help a Toasty Out: E-Mail Not Recognized?
    Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:52am
Hi, all. Toasty is a forumite here who also happens to be my husband. He forgot his password, clicked "forgot password," and one was e-mailed to him. He never got the e-mail, twice. He then tried to have the forum recognize his e-mail address instead of his username, and it says that that address does not match any records.

He has e-mailed the feedback account for NYCMidnight and not heard anything. What does he do now? 
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:00am
What browser does he use? Does he save passwords in his browser? Sometimes you can find it in the browsers security settings to "show my passwords."

Emailing to feedback@ is a good idea. I hope he gets a resolution!
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Briana Una View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

What browser does he use? Does he save passwords in his browser? Sometimes you can find it in the browsers security settings to "show my passwords."

Emailing to feedback@ is a good idea. I hope he gets a resolution!

Thanks for the suggestion. It is stored, but the added complication is that when he did the “reset password” thing, he got a message saying it had been changed and the new password would be e-mailed to him. So he’s locked out, never having gotten an e-mail.

We’ll see if they get back to him, I guess
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Briana Una Briana Una wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. It is stored, but the added complication is that when he did the “reset password” thing, he got a message saying it had been changed and the new password would be e-mailed to him. So he’s locked out, never having gotten an e-mail.

We’ll see if they get back to him, I guess

Let's hope he gets a resolution. I just spent a few hours getting my wife's old iPod back into use with her speaker system for her class, and boy howdy was that a goat rodeo. I forget sometimes how quickly technology changes.

Another thing to check - what client is he using for email? Web browser or application (like Outlook)? Sometimes going directly to the web browser-based email can get you into the Spam/Junk/Trash folder to see if the email's there--clients sometimes hide these very useful folders!

rachelm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 1:11pm
I had a similar problem! It turned out that the last time I had logged in (months prior, I'm sure), I had also requested a new password. So I found that old email and was able to log in through it, with those credentials.

The email subject was "Forum Login Details Request" if he wants to search and see if he has an old password reset email.

Hope he's able to log in soon!
MF250 R1: To Deliver a Curse
MF 100 R2: Thirst
Briana Una View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:40pm
he’s back in! Hooray! Thank you both! 
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 10:24am
Indeed - congrats!

Post Reply Post Reply