NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heat 17: Fantasy: Dishwasher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heat 17: Fantasy: Dishwasher
    Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 2:31pm
Is anyone joining me in this misery known as Heat 17? Really, they didn't have Maytags in castles and I even wonder if they had dishes. At the Renaissance Faire, they eat turkey legs with bare hands. 
I know I was writing stories when I was five. I don't know what I did before that. Just loafed I suppose. PG Wodehouse
Sponsored Links

shawnman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 7:25pm
Hmmm, that's a toughie. Why not try something outside the box? Rather than dishes for eating etc, maybe your protagonist could have a job washing...wait for it....satellite dishes!!

Although, if castles didn't have Maytags, I'm guessing there wouldn't have been and DirectTV either.
projectdan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projectdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Genevieve Genevieve wrote:

Is anyone joining me in this misery known as Heat 17? Really, they didn't have Maytags in castles and I even wonder if they had dishes. At the Renaissance Faire, they eat turkey legs with bare hands. 

There's definitely a need to think way outside of the box on this one.  I'm actually enjoying this pairing although I'm currently suffering from what my friend refers to as "too much sandwich" and I haven't written a single page of the actual script yet.  It's very difficult, in my mind, to create a fantastical world, set all the rules for said world, and tell a gripping story all within the confines of fifteen pages.  But that's part of what makes the challenge fun.
Genevieve View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 5:48am
Dear Dan: If we colloborate, maybe we can get two pages of script done by tonight.

Are you getting Google ads on this page for Refrigerator Repair, SEARS KENMORE APPLIANCES and APPLIANCE REPAIR: Local Factory trained Appliance Technicians, Fast friendly service? I think these ads are so cute and inspirational, I think I'll ring them up immediately.
I know I was writing stories when I was five. I don't know what I did before that. Just loafed I suppose. PG Wodehouse
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 7:10am
a dishwasher doesn't have to be a machine. It can be a person. When I saw the category, a person, like in a restaurant, is what came to my mind.

I can just see it- this poor smuck having to wash dishes in the castle and no Dawn Dish Soap to help with the grease! No SOS pads! No rubber gloves! what a case of dishpan hands that girl/guy would have!
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projectdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 10:22am

Dear Dan: If we colloborate, maybe we can get two pages of script done by tonight.

Are you getting Google ads on this page for Refrigerator Repair, SEARS KENMORE APPLIANCES and APPLIANCE REPAIR: Local Factory trained Appliance Technicians, Fast friendly service? I think these ads are so cute and inspirational, I think I'll ring them up immediately.

I'm totally on my third page already.  You're jealous, I can sense it through the internet(s).  I haven't seen any ads.  I've had my idea fleshed out for a while not it's just the actual writing that's killing me.
Genevieve View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 10:55am
It is quite hopeless as I lost the email where you are supposed to send it. I am jealous you have three pages and also that you kept the rules. The ads are very cute and under the first post like this:
  • GE Appliance Repair
    Local Factory-trained GE Appliance technicians. Fast Friendly Service!
    GE.com

NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projectdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 12:05pm

It is quite hopeless as I lost the email where you are supposed to send it. I am jealous you have three pages and also that you kept the rules. The ads are very cute and under the first post like this:
  • GE Appliance Repair
    Local Factory-trained GE Appliance technicians. Fast Friendly Service!
    GE.com

Well hopefully the muses have struck you by now.  I'm only on page five but, I hope, picking up steam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic