NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you done this before?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Have you competed in this screenplay competition before?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [57.69%]
9 [34.62%]
2 [7.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you done this before?
    Posted: 27 Jun 2006 at 4:53am
This is my second year in the competition and I am curious how many writers are returning and how many are taking part for the first time.

Chris
The shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2006 at 9:40am
I'm thinking about trying this myself, I wrote s screenplay a few years back, a horror one for the project
green light contest, I thought it was fun and a challenge
but that contest seemed fixed to me, that guy that one the first time pete whats his name worked in the biz before and wasnt a real newbie to film making, did anyone else try for that contest? What was your experiences at this writing competion?
Chris Messineo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2006 at 10:18am
I had a great time last year.

I thought the contest was very professionally run and the people I met here on the forums were a lot of fun.

Chris
Flixy Chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flixy Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2006 at 8:51pm
I'm a short story kind of girl:  took creative short story writing classes in college and did pretty well.  So this will be my first time out doing screen writing.  It's different than narrative writing, so it'll be a challenge for me.
I've turned the other cheek so many damn times, I'm down to my butt cheeks...again.
ABEAR111 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABEAR111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2006 at 5:39am

This is my first time in the screenwriting contest.  Two years ago I entered a film in the Midnight Run.  It was a blast and learned a lot.  This should be likewise.

Scott McKenzie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott McKenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2006 at 7:28am
I was here last year and came second in my heat to Chris.  This year I will have my revenge Wink

Since last year I've started writing for DVDactive.com.  That will no doubt be the first of many shameless plugs for the site.
Scott McKenzie
www.DVDactive.com

Read my blognovel Rebirth at http://rebirthnovel.blogspot.com/
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2006 at 4:49am
Originally posted by Scott McKenzie Scott McKenzie wrote:

I was here last year and came second in my heat to Chris.  This year I will have my revenge Wink
Revenge, against me?  I hope you're not in my heat again. Smile

Since last year I've started writing for DVDactive.com.  That will no doubt be the first of many shameless plugs for the site.
What is DVDactive.com?

Chris

Scott McKenzie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott McKenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2006 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Chris Messineo Chris Messineo wrote:

What is DVDactive.com?

It's the greatest DVD news and review site on the internet Clap

I'm looking forward to this year's competition.  I've done a bit of writing for myself so I'm hoping I've improved since last year.  You never know though... it all depends on the genre/subject combo!
Scott McKenzie
www.DVDactive.com

Read my blognovel Rebirth at http://rebirthnovel.blogspot.com/
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 4:31am

Originally posted by Chris Messineo Chris Messineo wrote:

What is DVDactive.com?

It's the greatest DVD news and review site on the internet Clap

I'm looking forward to this year's competition.  I've done a bit of writing for myself so I'm hoping I've improved since last year.  You never know though... it all depends on the genre/subject combo!

I am a DVD addict so I will definitely check that site out.

As for the screenwriting competition, there is definitely an element of luck with the genre each person ends up with.

Chris
Renascent View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renascent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2006 at 2:45pm

Second timer - da nada before.  Lurked around this here forum till my entry got the bum's rush.

NYCMMM last year hinted at filming an entrant doing the 24 hour frenzy.  Wonder if anything came of that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>