NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy with your prompts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy with your prompts?
    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:37am
I finally got prompts I absolutely am excited about.

How about everyone else?

Smile
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:46am
Struggling to find an angle on battlefield as a location for a five page fantasy. Feels a bit epic or third-act
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:50am
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

Struggling to find an angle on battlefield as a location for a five page fantasy. Feels a bit epic or third-act

Haha, heat mate.  I am not liking these either.  Maybe I will rewrite the last episode of Game of Thrones that everyone wants done?

andromedae17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andromedae17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 3:11am
True story: I once bet a friend I could write a mystery in 3 pages, when he insisted you couldn't effectively write one in under 20. I never ended up getting round to it, but now I have to write one in 5...! I'm finding I stray into drama by mistake very easily though. Need to stay focused and remember the assignment.

Getting the location in was tough at first, but it gave me a way into my main characters, so I'm OK with it. The object I am shoehorning in really lazily. :P
plovell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plovell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 6:11am
I got nothing right now: Political satire, shooting range, and a pump! I deliberately go out of my way NOT to read or listen to anything political these days as it just gets me angry! This will be interesting!
TimInBend View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimInBend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:10am
Same prompts for me. I've been dreading getting Fantasy...my least favorite genre. Good luck to us both!

Edited by TimInBend - 12 Oct 2019 at 7:11am
Charlie272 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:35am
Yes and no.  I got ghost story, pawn shop, mask, which seem really easy.  And that’s the problem... I’m struggling to get away from the most obvious of ideas.  If it was flash or short story, I think I’d have an easier time of it, but this is my first screenplay and my brain really just wants to go for whatever’s most obvious and sit there, stubbornly.
FF20 R1 G15 A Clarifying Pain
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Charlie272 Charlie272 wrote:

Yes and no.  I got ghost story, pawn shop, mask, which seem really easy.  And that’s the problem... I’m struggling to get away from the most obvious of ideas.  If it was flash or short story, I think I’d have an easier time of it, but this is my first screenplay and my brain really just wants to go for whatever’s most obvious and sit there, stubbornly.

Better to write something instead of nothing!  then at least you can screw with it, lol.

Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:05am
I’ve got thriller, attic and egg yolk! What the hell!? An egg maybe, but just the yolk!?
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:06am
I am terrible at plot, so I got action/adventure! Ha. It's good that I got it, because I need to improve. But I hope I come up with an idea. I know which tunnel to set it in, and I'll get a tangerine in there somewhere - hoping for an actual story. LOL
FF2020 Ch 1 Paulina in the After
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic