NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GROUP/TITLE/LOGLINE for Round Two

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote write4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:59pm
Group 4:  Drama/A birthday/A radio DJ

"The Collapse"

An unsuspecting DJ deals with the tragic aftermath of a co-worker's broken relationship.

Nothing happens until the writer's magic.
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by wherethehellwasi wherethehellwasi wrote:

It's my first attempt at the genre. I'm only slightly embarrassed that I looked 'horror' up on Wikipedia to find out where the typical boundaries fall. And I hope I stayed within 'em.

I'm always pulling horror and romance and romantic comedy ... so much so that it's become just that ... pulling.  I would like to draw historic fiction one day. 

I did enjoy my one political satire ... and I had to wiki that, as well ... just 2 B sure ...

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
EttaG View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EttaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 2:33pm
Group 3 - Fantasy/Eating Contest/A Priest

DEMETER DAZE

While vacationing with his family in Greece, young Jax learns that the food of the Gods is best served in small portions.

R1 DONNY AND DOODY 2nd
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_j10VA7aZgtckJEcGVxci1rRDQ/view?usp=sharing

R2 SAFE AT HOME

theoldsouthern View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsouthern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 2:36pm
3 - Fantasy/An Eating Contest/Priest

FEAST OF REALMS

Can a priest and a monster answer the prayers of a hunger stricken land?
AustinWriterEV View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AustinWriterEV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:17pm
Hey guys!  I look forward to getting to read some of your shorts.  Here's what I've got.

Group 2: Sci-fi, a midget, and a pawnshop

ORMOLU DEATH CLOCKS

An 18th century clockmaker's best client is a pawnshop owner from the future who is willing to trade the clockmaker's life for a profit.

Erica
Tweedster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:53pm
Group 5:  Romance, Fireman, retirement

HEARTS ON FIRE

A man who dedicates his life to fighting fires must learn to control the inferno raging in his heart.

Erikson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 8:53pm
Group 5: Romance/Retirement/Fireman

Separation Anxiety

A fire fighter battles the demons that come with mandatory retirement.
lukashoward View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukashoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 10:10pm
Heat 5:
Romance/Fireman/Retirement

"Running Call"
-More than just a career has come full circle when a man reminisces about his first day on the job.

I originally wanted to be more creative with the subject and character, but it ended up being pretty straightforward. 
Oh well, on the bright side- I paced myself, didn't have to cut down too much, and actually finished and submitted it an hour early!  Unlike round 1 where I had to cut 4 pages off, think of the log line, convert to correct format, and submit it all in the last 6 minutes.

We'll see if that is reflected in the quality:)
Screenplay Jay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screenplay Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 1:22am
Heat 4:  Drama / Birthday / Radio DJ

Title:  Sold Out

Logline: An out-of-touch single father has to enlist the aid of a local radio DJ to help win over his teenage daughter.
Round 2 Heat 4 Sold Out
suave_stav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suave_stav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 4:37pm
Heat 5: Romance / Retirement / Firefighter
ARSON

A man hatches a plan to burn down a building to gain the attention of a beautiful, retiring firefighter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic