NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Luck Round 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mystul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Luck Round 2
    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 6:09pm
Good luck everyone! Super excited to make it past the first hurdle.

Open to beta a few tomorrow if needed and able (and allowed???!!!).
KOLynn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOLynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 6:19pm
I only just learned bout beta-ing.  How do you sign up for that?
GenieAZ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenieAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 6:25pm
Someone typically posts the worksheet in this section of the forum.  If you want to be a beta reader, you put your name and details on the sheet.  If you need a beta reader, you check out who is available and if they read your genre.  
AutumnBe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AutumnBe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 7:41pm
Beta reading was honestly my favorite part of the competition so far. Super excited to see more stories and get some feedback this second round!

Nervous and excited and hoping my one year old and four year old cut me some slack tomorrow. Confused
250R1 - Last Word
500R3 - Seeding the Clouds
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by AutumnBe AutumnBe wrote:

Beta reading was honestly my favorite part of the competition so far. Super excited to see more stories and get some feedback this second round!

Nervous and excited and hoping my one year old and four year old cut me some slack tomorrow. Confused

Hard agree that beta-ing is almost the most fun part. I'm going to be on the road for a lot of tomorrow so I don't know if I'll have time, but I'm going to try while spouse is driving! :) 

Millshre View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millshre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:20pm
Good luck!

I forgot it was tomorrow and planned for a big cleaning organizing day for the fam. 

Oops! Guess I'll have an excuse to sit this one out. ;) 
b66002 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b66002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 12:53am
Excited about getting started on round 2! However, I still didn't get my feedback on my round 1 story. 
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:02am
Originally posted by b66002 b66002 wrote:

Excited about getting started on round 2! However, I still didn't get my feedback on my round 1 story. 

Check spam folder?  I’d definitely email NYC if you haven’t gotten it yet.
Iressa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Dark&StormyNight Dark&StormyNight wrote:

I haven't gotten mine either (not in spam or anywhere else, unfortunately).  I did send an email but haven't heard back yet.  I am sure there is a lot to do for this comp so I'm trying to be patient (but I'm excited!).  

I was wondering if anyone else had this situation, so b66002, while I'm not glad you're missing feedback, I'm glad you posted!  Thankfully we can beta read and comment on each other's stories while we're waiting.  :)  I've gotten some pretty good feedback just off of the forums!  Best of luck to you and all!

Edited by Iressa - 24 Jul 2021 at 3:21am
b66002 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b66002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Iressa Iressa wrote:

Originally posted by Dark&StormyNight Dark&StormyNight wrote:

I haven't gotten mine either (not in spam or anywhere else, unfortunately).  I did send an email but haven't heard back yet.  I am sure there is a lot to do for this comp so I'm trying to be patient (but I'm excited!).  

I was wondering if anyone else had this situation, so b66002, while I'm not glad you're missing feedback, I'm glad you posted!  Thankfully we can beta read and comment on each other's stories while we're waiting.  :)  I've gotten some pretty good feedback just off of the forums!  Best of luck to you and all!

My feedback went directly into my trash folder - not my spam folder.  Don't know why!
 Post Reply Post Reply