NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How hard is it to write with a noisy household??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How hard is it to write with a noisy household??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arod.nyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How hard is it to write with a noisy household??
    Posted: 26 Jul 2007 at 7:08am
How come no one understands the struggles of a filmmaker/writer. Everyone comes in to the house, makes noise and doesn't care that you're creating...Does anyone care???

Edited by Arod.nyc - 26 Jul 2007 at 7:09am
Ariel R.
Heat 10 Mystery/Farming
HarlequinOfHate View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarlequinOfHate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2007 at 8:37am

LOL I know your pain. It's extremely difficult to concentrate on your story if the atmosphere is...less than tranquil. Sometimes leaving the room with a pencil and notebook is the only option. Then your only obstacle is writer's cramp.

~HoH~
"They're all afraid of you. Like they're afraid of me." - The Joker, 'Batman:Fading Smile'
Coming 2008...
huxcanux2007 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huxcanux2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2007 at 9:53am
I agree that it can be rough. I have a teenager, and not enough space. So I find it hard to get writing done occasionally. However, I've learned that I  just have to accept that this is how my life is; if you want to get your writing done, you have to just roll with it instead of waiting for external circumstances to be utterly perfect. For me, I think, waiting for the ideal moment is almost a procrastination technique, an opportunity for my inner critic to say "You can't do this." When I get down to it, I feel even more victorious for having overcome the challenges my life and environment present.

Hux
Please read my script
nippyfan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nippyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2007 at 1:29pm
I have to write while I'm at work and it's been tough but after some practice I've been able to tune out all things around me and focus soley on the writing for hours at time.     I know, I know, but just try to tune everyone out and listen only to the characters and voices in your head.

"Take a Vow"

Edited by nippyfan - 28 Jul 2007 at 1:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply