NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've solved the edit post mystery!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've solved the edit post mystery!!!
    Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 1:04am
It is simple - it is a case of a conflict caused by Dell computers.  

Both Topangarose and I have Dell computers.  (We don't use the same OS or ISP.)  Just having Dell computers would not be enough to warrant  me thinking that this was the problem EXCEPT tonight another member, Ornery Angel, has been experiencing problems with posting.  Crazy script goes up with each of her posts.  This reminded me of the posting I mentioned earlier (see the other thread on this subject) where I reported things being posted that I didn't write.  Thus, I asked her whether she had a Dell computer and she said she did.  I asked her if she would mind trying to edit a post.  She made the attempt and you guessed it - she got the dreaded "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR"  

Perhaps the tech folks at Dell will have some inspiration (inspiron?) re a patch.  I don't know.  But if it helps you any, I have an Inspiron INSPIRON N7110 64 bit system.  

I imagine Topangarose and Ornery Angel would be willing to tell you what type computer systems they have in order to resolve this problem.  

Post Reply Post Reply