NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GROUP/TITLE/LOGLINE for Round One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texast9018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:01pm
Awesome idea Kstar!
Reality's just a rental
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 4:12am
Originally posted by nathangower84 nathangower84 wrote:

By my count, 72 hours has come and gone... and I didn't receive confirmation yet that my screenplay has been received.

I'm sure I'm not the only one and figure it is just a delay. Is it typical for notification to come late?

I have NEVER known them to be late with confirmation!  They have been late with everything else ... placement notification within hours of the next round ... and I had feedback mpnths after the comp had finished ... but this stage has almost been routine ... like clockwork ...

Of course, they will cut and paste their profuse apoligies ... but I think the hampster in the wheel has finally died ... NYCMMM is fakakta ...

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
Devobrownfish View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devobrownfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 9:58am
I can't wait for the confirmations to come in so we can finally get the screenplays up on the messageboards - which is my favorite part about this contest. It really helps that month roll by, reading and commenting on everyone's scripts. The feedback is always astute and valuable. 

Well, here's the logline for the script: 

Group 17: Rom-Com/A Dare/Plastic Surgeon
Double Dog Dare
When a shrimpy guys lands an ex-stripper WAY out of his league, he seeks the skills of a plastic surgeon to turn his little Chihuahua into a giant Mastiff.

EttaG View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EttaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:11am
Fantasy/Perfection/A Circus Freak

Logline: A Ring Master's daughter pays a pretty price for her father's idea of perfection. 
R1 DONNY AND DOODY 2nd
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_j10VA7aZgtckJEcGVxci1rRDQ/view?usp=sharing

R2 SAFE AT HOME

OhLisa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 11:05am
damn!  i think i screwed up.  i thought it was 8 page max.  i could have used those extra 4 pages.
oh well, hopefully it'll be good enough to make it to the next round.  it's about a 50/50 shot for everybody.
Erikson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 3:00pm
Group 4 - Romance/GPS/Cab Driver

"All's Fare" 
When he's named "Driver of the Month", a Cabbie gets more than he bargains for with his new GPS.

Edited by Erikson - 17 May 2012 at 3:05pm
RichFreelancer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichFreelancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 3:13pm
Just received my e-mail confirmation -- receipt for my submission.  I would say this is very timely.
Round 1/Group 10: "Coupon Love" (Rom-Com/Coupons/A Stewardess)
Round 2/Group 5: "The Last Siren" (Romance/Retirement/A Fireman)
ska7triumph View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ska7triumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 3:38pm
Sorry I'm late to the party folks... I haven't yet seen my group represented but I'll keep reading. Great loglines! And yes by now we all hopefully got our confirmations. I'll post my script up on the official review thread. Look forward to your scripts and/or notes. Vigilance!

Group 21 - Drama/Welfare/A butcher.

SWEETBREADS
As her wedding approaches, a neighborhood butcher discovers
that her generosity may threaten her father’s business,
her fiancée’s promotion, and her upcoming marriage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234