NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSC R3 Prompts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telekabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by MuchlyGen MuchlyGen wrote:

I’m group 6 - Ghost Story / Nightlife / a Decorator.

Definite potential here! But I’m having trouble reining it in - not writing a novel, gotta simplify. 😬

My group too :-)

I had a really nice idea for mine but it was super hard writing it. All done and sumbitted now, but I have no idea what to expect when it comes to judging this one!
claviercat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote claviercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:12pm
I'm in Group 1 too. This was a tough one. I still don't feel that what I wrote was suspenseful enough, but it's really too late to come up with something new. What a weird set of prompts!
Please read my Short Story 2021 Challenge #2 story: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic40583_post419488.html#419488
MuchlyGen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MuchlyGen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 11:35pm
Glad there's another group 6er on the forum! Solidarity, friend, lol. 

I think my idea was too complex for the word count, and I don't think I did it justice. Did not have the space for the slow build up it really needed, so this is going to be another story that I probably can't bear to reread until after the judging, but... I finished! Wasn't sure I was going to make it, so I'm going to call it a win, regardless of how judging turns out. I beat that challenge, at least, lol. LOL
SS R1 G13 - Best Life - 1st

SS R2 G13 - Gray - 1st

SS R3 G6 - Dollface
Ima Duck View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ima Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 4:47pm
MuchlyGen, heeeey, we're in the same group again! What are the odds?
MuchlyGen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuchlyGen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 5:40pm
Oh sweet! I’m excited to see your story, I loved yours last round.

I’m super dissatisfied with mine, lol. I’ve spent all day trying not to obsess over what I wish I’d done differently. Going to make a game of trying to predict what the judges are going to say LOL

SS R2 G13 - Gray - 1st

SS R3 G6 - Dollface
Ima Duck View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ima Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:55pm
MuchlyGen, I respect that you feel this way and I'm feeling pretty uncertain about mine too...BUT. I feel like you also felt unsure of your last story and it was great lmao. So I'm thinking you're a bit hard on yourself.
MuchlyGen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuchlyGen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 9:09pm
Shhhhh, no logic. LOL Thank you, duck. There are some definite holes that I can see, and honestly would not be surprised to not move to the next round, but you're right, I'm also my own harshest critic. Will try to lay off myself, lol.

SS R2 G13 - Gray - 1st

SS R3 G6 - Dollface
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123