NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have the prompts become... less inspiring?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Well, I got 3 pages in yesterday after the prompts came out. I have to start over.
Even wrestling with when waking up a few times last night, I still can't make it work.
RomCom - eureka moment - chauffeur. I would like to eureka whoever thought of this prompt.

Your prompts remind me of a UK sitcom Butterflies, back when I was a kid.
Bored married housewife with kind husband and two teenagers, feels there is something missing. Pursued by a rich businessman who has lost his licence for drunk driving and picks her up in his chauffeur driven car for trysts which never go anywhere. Very bitter-sweet as she really loves her family...

In case it helps with inspiration. 

Haha, thanks fire. But not even close. I could not write that one, not much of cheater, lol. Now if someone dies...

Suave just for the record I wasn't suggesting you copy it, more hoping it might trigger a train of thought.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 12:47am

Well, I got 3 pages in yesterday after the prompts came out. I have to start over.
Even wrestling with when waking up a few times last night, I still can't make it work.
RomCom - eureka moment - chauffeur. I would like to eureka whoever thought of this prompt.

Your prompts remind me of a UK sitcom Butterflies, back when I was a kid.
Bored married housewife with kind husband and two teenagers, feels there is something missing. Pursued by a rich businessman who has lost his licence for drunk driving and picks her up in his chauffeur driven car for trysts which never go anywhere. Very bitter-sweet as she really loves her family...

In case it helps with inspiration. 

Haha, thanks fire. But not even close. I could not write that one, not much of cheater, lol. Now if someone dies...

Suave just for the record I wasn't suggesting you copy it, more hoping it might trigger a train of thought.

Haha, not to worry, took it as intended. How is your script coming?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123