NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSC 2023 What did you get?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EarthToRaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 11:42pm
Wow!! I was almost afraid to share my panic, but you have given such a wonderful and playful answer! 

I got trapped in a literal 'sunbather' train of thought. I couldn't get away from your average Joe lying on a beach. No context or story seemed to happen - even thought about a monk meditating on a beach or a religion of 'sunbathers.' 

Prior to this, I ended up writing a scene that has nothing to do with the character and prompts, just to get used to the way you structure a screenplay. I was at a creative block though. 

All of what you said is super interesting and makes me wonder. Animals, aliens and their sun experience, drama on the beach. The unknown underground. I did think of the sea...

Anywho, it is 4:42am so I'll be trying to sleep on it, however I think you may have opened the box... I will find out tomorrow. Hopefully 'incognito' can brew in my dreams. 

I do hope I can write something and really let my mind go. Thank you so much for your answer and encouragement!
Rajendra Swamy
Rose Red View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 12:01am
Ooh, I'm so excited to see two heatmates posting here. 
Group 30: mystery/a fireman/homecoming
redhart View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

Crime Caper
A Jackpot
A Vegetarian

It has possibilities; thankfully, it's different from the two genres I often get. Smile

Hey, Heatmate! 
How are you going with these prompts? I, luckily, had an idea pretty quickly and submitted yesterday. I'm away the rest of this week and had to get it off my plate.
Hope you're travelling ok with them.
Jltolstedt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jltolstedt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 11:21am
It would be fun to do a dark romantic comedy. It might be challenging to make it work (which might hurt you in the competition when it comes to prompt handing and genre), but I think it would be quite fun to try. (I'm guessing it has been tried before, somewhere, by someone.) 

Two serial killers falling in love...love in the zombie apocalypse...a hit man sent to kill his love interest...or that same story about the hit man but told from the target's point of view...

I love it when someone mixes genres like this. Or flips the script.

Jonathan
Jonathan Tolstedt
250 R1
250 R2

LizzieDallas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LizzieDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 11:31pm
I had the same reaction when I saw my subject: "Insatiable." Feels more like a descriptor than a subject, but I think I made it work! 
clancyweeks View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote clancyweeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:32am
My first time here and I got Horror/Outdoorsy/Caterer.

This has been a massive learning experience...
Dr. Weeks (cuz the WSJ says titles are dumb).

Using Boomer as a pejorative gets you insta-blocked.

Sardonic is my schtick, the ellipsis my weapon of choice...
Jltolstedt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jltolstedt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 11:53am
Yes, that is why I signed up! To learn! 
Jonathan Tolstedt
250 R1
250 R2

Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by redhart redhart wrote:

Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

Crime Caper
A Jackpot
A Vegetarian

It has possibilities; thankfully, it's different from the two genres I often get. Smile

Hey, Heatmate! 
How are you going with these prompts? I, luckily, had an idea pretty quickly and submitted yesterday. I'm away the rest of this week and had to get it off my plate.
Hope you're travelling ok with them.

Hi Heatmate,

I went fairly traditional with the jackpot/caper and put a spin on the vegetarian that my husband loved, if nothing else. But, like you, I submitted it early as I was busy with a conferring for the rest of the week. Only winding down now. I can't wait to read yours if you post. Good luck! 

Edited by Nimhathuna - 02 Apr 2023 at 7:11pm
Ojuliaspinola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ojuliaspinola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:10am
I got A Ringleader. Martial Arts. Comedy.
and I struggled so much! i was literally saying to myself "please not comedy please not comedy"
I really hope what I wrote ended up being good enough to get me to the next round because I want a new prompt!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567