NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I used the wrong font

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Breakfast Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I used the wrong font
    Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 6:35pm
Hi y'all,

It's been one of those months where I need to put "take a shower" on the to-do list. I almost didn't submit for the 1st round of the SS contest. I spent the last week wringing my brain dry for ideas and I've been working hard on accepting rejection as it comes (one of the reasons I started doing these contests to start with). So, I talked myself into submitting because even if I don't go on to the second round, I'll at least get good feedback and I have a chance to practice an activity I love. I submitted with only 20 seconds to spare and watched an episode of Father Brown Mysteries in celebration. Except, I just realized I forgot to change the font on my story from my usual 11 point calibri to the contest requirements and now I feel like crying. Will I be DQ'd? How badly did I mess up?

thanks for any answers you can offer
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 7:13pm
Email feedback@nycmidnight.com or head to the contact form https://www.nycmidnight.com/contact to let them know! They may still be able to help! Worst comes to worst, format (including font) is 15% of judging, so you won't be DQ'd--you may lose some points. You still have a chance of advancing, though!! You never know what your groupmates submit beyond what people choose to post on the forums Smile
Breakfast Salad View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakfast Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 7:29pm

Edited by Breakfast Salad - 29 Jan 2023 at 7:32pm
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakfast Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Email feedback@nycmidnight.com or head to the contact form https://www.nycmidnight.com/contact to let them know! They may still be able to help! Worst comes to worst, format (including font) is 15% of judging, so you won't be DQ'd--you may lose some points. You still have a chance of advancing, though!! You never know what your groupmates submit beyond what people choose to post on the forums Smile

Thanks for the reply. This makes me feel a bit better. Is there somewhere on the website I can see a breakdown of the judging points so I can understand better how it works?
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Breakfast Salad Breakfast Salad wrote:

Thanks for the reply. This makes me feel a bit better. Is there somewhere on the website I can see a breakdown of the judging points so I can understand better how it works?

Edited by CamsynClair - 29 Jan 2023 at 7:32pm
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breakfast Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Originally posted by Breakfast Salad Breakfast Salad wrote:

Oh, thanks!
cbcarter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 12:59pm
I know this doesn't fix the judging, but you'll definitely still get judge's feedback and you still wrote a whole story!! I'd call it a win :)
SS23, R1: Party of Fools
 Post Reply Post Reply