NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should be hearing about results soon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JCW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should be hearing about results soon!
    Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 10:46pm
Hey all! Hope everyone is looking forward to round three results! Should be any day now yeah? Sending good vibes for everyones projects and feedback! Fingers crossed for the final round!

I'm planning on doing my own unofficial 4th round with dice and random prompts no matter the outcome. Love the deadline and challenge! Such great inspiration! 
nickwascreative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickwascreative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 8:23am
Yes! I suspect it’ll be results tomorrow and feedback by Thursday.

Good on you for challenging yourself, but hopefully you won’t need to :) Good luck with the judges.

Cheers!
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 9:23am
As much as my ego wants to advance, I'll be relieved if I don't. I have a very full schedule during the 48 hours of the contest and won't have much time to write. However, it might be interesting to see what sort of 5-pager I could crank out in 2-3 hours.
nickwascreative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickwascreative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 10:33am
Originally posted by slinkylink slinkylink wrote:

As much as my ego wants to advance, I'll be relieved if I don't. I have a very full schedule during the 48 hours of the contest and won't have much time to write. However, it might be interesting to see what sort of 5-pager I could crank out in 2-3 hours.

I have my office Christmas party on the 10th, so if I don’t make the 4th round, I party hard. If I do make it, I party less hard.

Throughout this entire year, between the two NYCM Screenwriting challenges, for every single time the prompts dropped, SOMETHING in my life has been happening for every single weekend. And my life isn’t even that busy. I had to write the final round Screenwriting entry where I was travelling home for 13 of those 24 hours. So I wasn’t surprised to find my Christmas party aligned with the fourth round of this one too haha.

Good luck with you busy weekend and the chaos that will rain down on you once you make itnto the next round haha. 
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 1:29pm
I hear ya, @slinkylink: my ego also wants to advance. No Christmas parties this weekend for me or any particular huge plan (but seeing Jeanne Dielman on the big-screen on Friday for the first time which I'm excited for!). I have soft plans with some friends on Sunday but I told them that if by chance I advance, "I'll have to back out." They understood, lol. Not sure what to expect! It'd be my first finals experience for NYCM. They say to expect the worst, but these past few days have been exciting because of the prospect of advancing. Why folks buy lottery tickets, right? Cheers everyone!
-EJ
Moves Like (Diet) Mick Jagger Screenplay G31 (RomCom)
All my NYCM entries :)
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by nickwascreative nickwascreative wrote:

I have my office Christmas party on the 10th, so if I don’t make the 4th round, I party hard. If I do make it, I party less hard.
Partying "less hard" is what it would amount to if I advance. I'll be in New Orleans, and while I'm well past my Bourbon Street days, I'll most certainly be drinking. And my experience is that Drinking Suzanne and Creative Suzanne have totally different agendas, and it's best to keep them separated. But this is all conjecture as I don't have a strong feeling about advancing this time. I think my screenplay is well-written, but the concept is on the low side. And that combo isn't going best the competition at this level. Maybe. Who knows. 
Originally posted by pondsandfrogs pondsandfrogs wrote:

They say to expect the worst, but these past few days have been exciting because of the prospect of advancing.
This is me every competition Tongue

LeeMilby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMilby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:51pm
I had a dream last night that I got rejected and didn't advance T_T really looking forward to the results and critique!

A bit nervous, but even if I don't move forward, I'm really happy to have gotten so far. I never expected to make it all the way to this round!

This was my least confident screenplay out of all the rounds, even though I got my favorite genre! I think my concept was interesting, but the writing was not as smooth or cohesive as my previous submissions.

As was the case with every round for me... immediately after I hit "submit" and the deadline passed, I had an epiphany and figured out what the writing needed for it all to gel. 

Hopefully the rough I submitted was enough to get by! But we'll see.

Good luck to everyone! :)
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:11pm
Well, I got Honorable Mention which works for me. It's validating but won't spoil my vacation. Smile

Congrats to all that advanced to the finals! 
cilewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cilewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 9:55pm
i didn’t progress but I’ll use the two days to work on a script I’ve been thinking about. Having hard deadlines has been really useful with this competition and placing first in my group in challenge 2 is something I’m really proud of. I’m really grateful to NYC Midnight for forcing me to create a workflow that helps me actually complete the scripts I write within a short window. Will definitely be applying again next year.

Congrats to the finalists! 
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 12:42am
I took a BIG risk for my suspense / prison yard / tuxedo story and I guess it paid off! Congratulations to all who are advancing and those who participated and wrote a story. Good luck!!

-Alex

Edited by northernwriter - 08 Dec 2022 at 12:43am
Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
 Post Reply Post Reply