NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSC R1 Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrianicsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:10am
This is so different from the direction I took this prompt in! I can’t wait to read it. I haven’t seen many other people from our group yet, so I’m super excited!
rlambert View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlambert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:21am

Group 21 - Historical Fiction / A Cabstand / A Butcher Block

Blood Stains

John came home, but his mind still lives in the jungles of Vietnam. 

How can he find new purpose when he's haunted by the ghosts of his past?

Edited by rlambert - 10 Aug 2022 at 11:39am
nickwascreative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickwascreative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 10:11am
13 pages of comments now and still nothing but crickets for other group 26’s! I’m in “that group” again, aren’t I? Haha.
Zero11 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Originally posted by ross_c ross_c wrote:

I've participated in a few NYC Midnight screenwriting competitions in the past, but I've NEVER been a heat with this many active forum users. So excited to read and engage with your work (and that of those in other groups)! Anyway, here's my group, title, and logline...

Group 23 | Drama | A navy yard | A sieve

WELDED TIGHT

When a timid young Brooklynite accidentally enlists in a World War II women welders program, she must find it in herself to face daily discrimination, the tough love of a controlling father, and even her own lack of self-confidence. 

Hi heatmate!! Can't wait to read this one!! I'm so excited at all the awesome loglines in our group. I think the judges might have their hands full!

It sure is fun to see so many people from one group, yes?  
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 12:40pm
New sub forum is up! Emails should be soon....
kmachate View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmachate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 6:52pm
Gr. 26 - SciFi/Armory/A Winch

Miss Betsy's Boom Closet

A Gnomish armorer based on a space station must overcome her

biases in order to assist her commander in defeating the evil

General that was responsible for the death of her father..

Read my (2019) 1st Round entry titled Gary gets coffee
Zero11 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by ross_c ross_c wrote:

I've participated in a few NYC Midnight screenwriting competitions in the past, but I've NEVER been a heat with this many active forum users. So excited to read and engage with your work (and that of those in other groups)! Anyway, here's my group, title, and logline...

Group 23 | Drama | A navy yard | A sieve

WELDED TIGHT

When a timid young Brooklynite accidentally enlists in a World War II women welders program, she must find it in herself to face daily discrimination, the tough love of a controlling father, and even her own lack of self-confidence. 

Ross c:  Where is your short?  I want to read it!  
Zero11 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Probably Someone Probably Someone wrote:

Group 23:
Drama / a navy yard / a sieve

Cake Superior 

A grieving mother celebrates her late son's birthday at the shipyard where he drowned, despite her ex-husband's (and the Navy's) best attempts to stop it.

Hey you!  I want to read your short!  So many people from Group 23 posted their loglines... but you are all dropping away, like sand in a sieve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213