NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Screenplay, a little early?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by maxbjork maxbjork wrote:

Originally posted by Dark&StormyNight Dark&StormyNight wrote:

Sorry Max, but I too have chosen SS over the Battle (next one!) Really wanted to do this last year but the first round was the same weekend as our vacation. Haven’t tried anything as short as five pages so this will be a challenge, glad we get to write two of em.

When will they announce this new competition? They do indeed keep moving all the others ones ahead a few weeks.

No problem, Hallie! If you already signed up for WB Flash Fiction, then please let me know (maybe by email), so I can give you a refund. Have fun with their five page screenplay competition! It's so much fun.

Hadn’t signed up yet so all good. I might take a quick peek into WB to see what genres you have going this time around.
JCotterill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JCotterill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 12:45pm
Signed up - looking forward to it!

A good motivation regardless of the outcome! :D
R2 G10 Dismissal NYC Midnight Stories     
hobbes View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:39am
I'm in! Been a few years, happy to be back in it.

Happy writing to everyone involved.

Edited by hobbes - 09 Jul 2022 at 5:31pm
Desperately earnest or extremely sarcastic.
hobbes View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by fayestardust fayestardust wrote:

I'm hesitant, still, I've never written a screenplay before and I'm unsure if I could do it.

I hope you take the plunge. It's a great experience and an opportunity to hear other voices.
Desperately earnest or extremely sarcastic.
JustMe ll View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustMe ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 9:05pm
Just signed up. It's been a couple of years. And first time trying the short screenplay. Looking forward to it!
JustMe ll View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustMe ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 9:07pm
Yes, I agree. I need a spark to get back to several unfinished projects. I'm hoping this will do the trick.
JustMe ll View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustMe ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by JustMe ll JustMe ll wrote:

Yes, I agree. I need a spark to get back to several unfinished projects. I'm hoping this will do the trick.

Oh, oops! This was a direct response to someone but I forgot to quote them. I'm a bit rusty. 
Popsicle Crows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Popsicle Crows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 12:13pm
I've been freaking out a bit about having two challenges on the same weekend but I think I'm going to have some fun with it and see if I can combine the ideas if I get lucky with the genres.
Two unique stories with something in common. A place, a person? Someone a reincarnation of the person in the other challenge?

I'm doing the silver lining thing. Haven't written anything purely for fun in a couple months so I hope I get the weirdest prompts ever.

I've missed this forum. Good to be back.
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Popsicle Crows Popsicle Crows wrote:

I've been freaking out a bit about having two challenges on the same weekend but I think I'm going to have some fun with it and see if I can combine the ideas if I get lucky with the genres.
Two unique stories with something in common. A place, a person? Someone a reincarnation of the person in the other challenge?

Such a great idea! I'm doing both too, so hoping for the same. Will be fun. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123