NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do the points under the author's name mean?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do the points under the author's name mean?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ainley Marsden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do the points under the author's name mean?
    Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 6:59pm
What's the point of the points? I assume the points have something to do with views and feedback of stories, but do these points have anything to do with who moves onto the next round? That seems wrong. After all, not everyone who participated in the challenge is going to post their story, and the email we received says posting the story has no effect on the judging. And if we wish to collect like points like beanie babies, how, precisely, do we do that? Read and comment on/critique every submission? And why would we wish to collect points?

Edited by Ainley Marsden - 28 Apr 2022 at 7:37pm
2023 FF:
CH2:
The Walls We Build
CH1 link is in Master list: JUNE JUSTICE IN JEDDHA (Group 56)
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 7:48pm
The points have no bearing on judging or progressing in the rounds. You get 1 point for posting a post or a comment, and 5 points when someone thanks you (Thanks button top right). I'm not sure what the numbers are exactly, but you move through Newbie to Addict pretty quickly, and I think you get 5 stars and the title of Blackbelt at 1500 points. 

It's just a way to gauge someone's activity level on the forum. 

Edited by catnamedeaster - 28 Apr 2022 at 7:49pm
Not_a_Robot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Not_a_Robot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 6:22pm
I hope to be a black belt like you someday catnamedeaster :)
FireHorse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 1:34am
Originally posted by catnamedeaster catnamedeaster wrote:

The points have no bearing on judging or progressing in the rounds. You get 1 point for posting a post or a comment, and 5 points when someone thanks you (Thanks button top right). I'm not sure what the numbers are exactly, but you move through Newbie to Addict pretty quickly, and I think you get 5 stars and the title of Blackbelt at 1500 points. 

It's just a way to gauge someone's activity level on the forum. 

LOL I never even noticed the Thanks button till I saw this post. Always something (whether useful or not) to learn!
 Post Reply Post Reply