NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don't POST YOUR STORY YET, new people!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxtales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:02am
Same here! Phew Cool
dtill359 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtill359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:03am
Mine promptly showed up half an hour after I went to bed. :P
toddplunkett View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toddplunkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:10am
I am struggling to get the hyperlink to work. Google Drive gives a 403 error. Dropbox refuses to connect. Is there a step I am missing? The file is marked as anyone can view.

Thanks for any suggestions.
RobinBrooks View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinBrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:21am
Originally posted by toddplunkett toddplunkett wrote:

I am struggling to get the hyperlink to work. Google Drive gives a 403 error. Dropbox refuses to connect. Is there a step I am missing? The file is marked as anyone can view.

Oh no! I don't know! 
Does it work now? 
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:23am

The linking tool is a mysterious and unreliable beast.
Drive was doing the same thing to me when I tried to preview the link, but worked okay when I posted it anyway - have you tried that?
Have you made sure you have https instead of http? And have you deleted the https:// from where you've pasted the link?
toddplunkett View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toddplunkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:25am
I was able to post. I guess it will not let you post a pdf. I switched to a docx format and it submitted. 

Thanks
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 11:02am
WOAH.  This is my first time using the new master list process, and I am a FAN.  

I'm not stoked about being directed away from the website to just to be redirected back, but being able to search groups, genres, and forum users from one document is *very* nice.
indie500 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indie500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by amlewi08 amlewi08 wrote:

WOAH.  This is my first time using the new master list process, and I am a FAN.  

I'm not stoked about being directed away from the website to just to be redirected back, but being able to search groups, genres, and forum users from one document is *very* nice.

I was trying to figure out how to search ny group but must be missing something. As far as I can tell zero people from my group have posted.
swilki View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 7:04pm

I was able to post. I guess it will not let you post a pdf. I switched to a docx format and it submitted. 

Thanks
It should let you link to a pdf, mine is in pdf format. I always find the hyperlink button a bit dodgy though, so I've stoppped using it and I do it the same way I do my signature instead, using the [ URL ] link instead. To do that, you type (without the spaces in the square brackets)

[ URL=www.yourdocumentlink.com ] Your document name [ /url ]

It'll create a link that looks like this Your document name

That might work better if you don't want to share it as a word doc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678