NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R1, G80, "Number Five"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnightmarauder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R1, G80, "Number Five"
    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 6:53pm
R1, G80, "Number Five"
Drama / Making an accusation / file

“It stands to reason, doesn’t it — that the existence of the Devil presupposes a God, and vice versa? It’s like light and dark. Counterparts and contrast are what give the universe form: everything that is, in other words, is everything that it is not… are you following?

“Right, so I’m sure you’ve heard this all before — Yin and Yang, Maya and Atman, virtue and sin, et cetera, et cetera. Stuff only really exists in a relative sense. Anyway, getting down to the brass tacks of it all, that’s probably why she left me.”

Arun pauses to belch, but continues to gesticulate wildly, tracing tangled webs through the air in front of him.

Ahem. Excuse me. So, as I was saying, what drew us together in the first place was our individuality: contrasts that delineated us as a whole. But in order to get closer to one another, we filed away the very excesses of character which set us apart — a sort of unwitting suicide, if you will. Tension gave us structure.”

People are starting to listen in on the conversation. Arun nervously raps his knuckles on the countertop, feeling the weight of the onlookers’ gaze.

“Now, what’s done is done. I’ve been whittled down to be so much smaller; I feel… blunted. And she must have known that loving me would erase me. So why’d she do it? What right did she have?!”

“Sir, this is a Wendy’s.”

“Right. I’ll have a number five.”
GenieAZ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GenieAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 7:53pm
Hi there.

They get buried out here in the wilderness.  You will get great feedback in the story thread because this story is wonderful.  :)
 Post Reply Post Reply