NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Favorites?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AubreyZahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 8:10pm
Ooh, good thread topic!

I do a lot of work on [edit: PREVENTING] inhumane treatment of prisoners in my day job, and I legit think about “Shadow of the Waxwing” probably once a week. Genuinely haunting and horrifying.

Definitely some others that stood out for sheer literary quality where you’re like, how the f**k did someone do that with the same 48 hours I had? I can’t recall the title, but the one with the gay man and the Soviet Bloc secret police was in that category.

Edited by AubreyZahn - 08 Dec 2021 at 8:11pm
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by AubreyZahn AubreyZahn wrote:

Ooh, good thread topic!

I do a lot of work on [edit: PREVENTING] inhumane treatment of prisoners in my day job, and I legit think about “Shadow of the Waxwing” probably once a week. Genuinely haunting and horrifying.

Definitely some others that stood out for sheer literary quality where you’re like, how the f**k did someone do that with the same 48 hours I had? I can’t recall the title, but the one with the gay man and the Soviet Bloc secret police was in that category.

Yesss, he was in my group in last year’s Short story comp, and honestly ideallyowlish writes amazing stories and, at least in that competition, amazing reviews. They’re entertaining. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12