NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone help a non-tech me to fix sig line?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eli9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone help a non-tech me to fix sig line?
    Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 3:00am
HELP! I followed the instructions given by NYCM. I followed instructions given by someone else in a very old thread. I just can't figure out what anyone means. I went to bitly and created a smaller link. That works if you cut and paste, but no nice hyperlink. Ugh.

I'm also frustrated because my new sig line doesn't show up on old posts?? Is there any way to fix this? I read and commented on a bunch of stories before realizing I should have done a sig line linking to my story. I am frustrated that there isn't even the cut and paste link I was able to acomplish showing up in these older posts. Now I worry my story will be the only one hanging out there all alone, sad and forlorn. Unread and unloved. Dejected. 

Please help a wayword writer out!  (see what I just did there. Wayward. Wayword. Okay, enough silliness!)

Thanks a million! 

-Eli

Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 6:51am
Hello,

The thoughts of your story floating in the non-sig abyss tugs at my old heartstrings. Below are two links that other members posted. The second one includes a video.

Hope this helps,

Ním

Edited by Nimhathuna - 22 Oct 2021 at 6:51am
Eli9 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eli9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

Hello,

The thoughts of your story floating in the non-sig abyss tugs at my old heartstrings. Below are two links that other members posted. The second one includes a video.

Hope this helps,

Ním

Thanks, Nim. I'll give it another go. The link is good, if you copy and paste. Wink You should give my story some love. Wink I appreciate your help. Headed out to look for your story now. 
Eli9 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eli9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 7:13am
OH! It worked Nim! Thank you a thousand times over!!! SmileStar
Riazil View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Riazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 5:11pm
Thank you @eli9 for posing the question, and thank you @Nim for posting the links. I couldn't figure out how to make my signature a hyperlink either, and it was driving me crazy!
 Post Reply Post Reply