NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viewing Submissions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creidance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewing Submissions
    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm
Is there a way to see our submissions after we've submitted? I made the mistake of tinkering with my story on the submissions page without saving the changes back to my computer! I'd like to have a copy of the story as submitted.
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 5:43pm
Yes, you should be able to view your story on your Submittable dashboard. Good luck, and please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else!
--
Next up is the 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2024 kicking off April 19th
HardtobetheBard View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HardtobetheBard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by NYC Midnight NYC Midnight wrote:

Yes, you should be able to view your story on your Submittable dashboard. Good luck, and please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else!

Hiya! Please could you confirm that the story will be seen by judges the way it looks on our dashboard (with italics and spacing) rather than the way it looks if we download it from Submittable (one huge paragraph!)? Thanks!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:00pm
Yes, the way the story looks on your dashboard will be how it will appear to the judges. Downloading your submission is not an accurate representation of how it looks on Submittable. We hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any additional questions!
--
Creidance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creidance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 9:22pm
I need to just stop, lol! After doing the 100-word challenge, I thought 250 would feel like a luxury, but it's a curse!
iress View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 10:53pm

Yes, the way the story looks on your dashboard will be how it will appear to the judges. Downloading your submission is not an accurate representation of how it looks on Submittable. We hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Quick Question.  

I understand that when I download from submittable, it formats as a paragraph but the judges will see the dashboard.

However, I also notice that on the downloadable form it says I submitted on 10/17 instead of 10/16.  I'm assuming that's fine? I was just curious. The dashboard prior to download has the correct date and time.  

Thank you!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by iress iress wrote:

Quick Question.  

I understand that when I download from submittable, it formats as a paragraph but the judges will see the dashboard.

However, I also notice that on the downloadable form it says I submitted on 10/17 instead of 10/16.  I'm assuming that's fine? I was just curious. The dashboard prior to download has the correct date and time.  

Thank you!

Yes, it should be fine, since you submitted your story before the official deadline. Good luck, and please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else!
--
Rhenn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:07am
After submitting my story, I found an email about spacing in Submittable, and the need to hit enter twice to double space.  I looked at the story in my dashboard on Submittable, and sure enough, my story is only single spaced for the judges. Is there a way I can correct it? 

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply