NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting Help!
    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 3:34pm
I'm following the directions for creating a forum post under Flash Fiction Challenge 2021 Review and it's telling me I'm not allowed. So I'm seeing if this will post...

Edited by Estelle - 14 Jul 2021 at 3:47pm
Estelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 3:35pm
Okay, just testing! For some reason the site won't allow me to post in the master list group, I get the "forbidden, you don't have permission to access" message?? Any ideas?
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:09pm
Interesting. Perhaps try logging out, clearing your browsing history & cache, and try again? Sorry to hear that!
-EJ
Moves Like (Diet) Mick Jagger Screenplay G31 (RomCom)
All my NYCM entries :)
Estelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:53pm
Thanks for the idea! Did not work though haha. But I appreciate the help. Reading your story now!
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 7:32pm
Hmm just a thought... it's been a few years since I first made my account. But did you get any kind of verification email from the forums? Maybe your account has to be verified in order to post your own threads.

If it still doesn't work after trying that, I'd email feedback@nycmidmight.com with a subject line about forum technical issues. Charlie is the organizer and likely the guy who would reply to you :) Hope that helps!
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
Estelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 7:39pm
Thank you!! Yes I did click on verification link, and I'm not having trouble posting anywhere else in the forums, so weird! I'll give that email a try, I really appreciate your help!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:58pm
Did that fix it?
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:14pm
It sounds like you don't have a Forum account. You can post to general topics, like here, without an account, but not to Challenge topics. Upper-right corner for "Login," which will take you to a page that lets you create a Forum account.
 Post Reply Post Reply