NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvelvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Documentary
    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:57pm
I missed the section about needing to submit some sort of release for the documentary. Does that mean by story is disqualified? Can I still submit the release if need be? It was my first time, and I guess I missed that release needed *with the story* bit. It would be really sad if the story wasn't judged for that reason.

Also, for future reference, what does the documentary entail? Would someone contact you?

-L.C.W.
-L.C. Winslow
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:48pm
Sorry for any confusion regarding the rules!  The "documentary" rule was written during our early years when we held live filmmaking competitions and we have kept it ever since.  But, to avoid any confusion, we will be editing or removing this verbiage from the rules in the future.  Also, while there are no current plans for a documentary, we would never coordinate any sort of filming of the writers without first getting their consent.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else.  Sorry again for any confusion and good luck!
--
Next up is the 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2024 kicking off April 19th
redvelvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvelvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:54pm
Whew! Ok, thank you very much! :)

L.C.W.
-L.C. Winslow
 Post Reply Post Reply