NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First-Time Entrant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvelvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First-Time Entrant
    Posted: 14 May 2021 at 5:31pm
Am I understanding that the process is this:

1) We receive an email with the prompt

2) We respond to the prompt by uploading the story to to the forum.

3) Eventually we receive feedback (or not, depending on how many people enter the contest)?

Is that the extent of how this works or is there more?

How many prompts per round?

Apologies if this was all covered somewhere already.

-L.C. Winslow
redvelvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvelvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 5:45pm
I think I found the answers to my questions. Thanks!
-L.C. Winslow
KimFarrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimFarrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:02pm
I am actually wondering the same, as I haven't received an email yet today. Have you?!
ladyofcats View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyofcats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:11pm
First time here as well! I'm tentatively excited for the prompt - from what I've read it's just 1 per round, and should get emailed to us at midnight in New York (so about 6 hours from now). Hoping that will have instructions about how to submit! 
KimFarrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimFarrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:13pm
Ah I mixed up the times! Makes sense now Wink

Good luck everyone!
redvelvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvelvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:46pm
If it makes you feel better, I had to look at it a couple of times to figure it out as well. Oh well, I should probably sleep once in a while ;)
-L.C. Winslow
BethanyDawn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BethanyDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:54pm
In case you didn’t see it—

Do not post your story to the forum to submit. There is a link to submit your story in the assignment email or you can email it as well. They generally will let you know when all stories are confirmed as received and we can post them to the forum for peer feedback. 

The judges that read your piece will all give some sort of feedback. This typically comes in a few days before the next round, which is when you will find out if you advance. 

Edited by BethanyDawn - 14 May 2021 at 10:55pm
redvelvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvelvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:18pm
Ah. Thank you very much. It wasn't clear if there were rounds or you had to do all three.

-L.C. Winslow
 Post Reply Post Reply