NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Battle Coming Up in May!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Battle Coming Up in May!
    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 8:25am
Hello Gang,

The next Screenwriting Battle starts on May 6th! Cash Prize Pool is now over $1000 USD (and counting). Only $10 to enter.

Check it out: Screenwriting Battle

A short screenplay competition for screenwriters, by screenwriters -- where all participants must read/give feedback/and judge six other scripts in different genres than their own script. Yes, that means all participants are also judges.

This will be the third competition we've done so far. It was heavily inspired by these forums.

You are dealt prompts that you can re-draw (yayyyy even your genre). You then have 4 days to write up to 8 pages. After submitting, you have a little-less than a week to read 6 scripts, give feedback, and compare them, choosing a winner in 3 "arbitrations." A winner is crowned in each of the four genres, (they split the prize pool evenly), so you are never judging a script that you are in direct competition with. The entire competition is over in 3 weeks. It's fun. It's quick. And you can win some cash!

Please reply to this topic with any questions or email me at admin@screenwritingbattle.com

So far there have been 4 winners from these forums in past Battles.

Join the Battle!

-Max

Edited by maxbjork - 15 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
catnamedeaster View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 1:46pm
Looking forward to it!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:22pm
I am already there!
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 10:45am
Any idea when the next one will start? It's hard to tell on the website, but I want to do it, this looks awesome!
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Any idea when the next one will start? It's hard to tell on the website, but I want to do it, this looks awesome!

Hi Joni, the next one will be in November. It's now twice per year (May and November). Hope to see you compete then :)

Cheers,

-Max
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 2:17am
The winners from the May Battle (including their scripts) can be found here:
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by maxbjork maxbjork wrote:

Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Hi Joni, the next one will be in November. It's now twice per year (May and November). Hope to see you compete then :)

Cheers,

-Max

Thanks, Max! Will definitely participate in the November battle!
nickwascreative View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickwascreative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 11:14am
I highly recommend it. I just participated in my first one and it was fun. A great learning experience! See you in November! :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply