NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st time on an internet forum. Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CassNom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st time on an internet forum. Help!
    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 8:42am
Hi.

As above, I've never been on a forum before and I'm finding it a bit confusing.

I joined the microfiction competition and posted my story on the relevant page (I think!) for people to review, but the only views it has received are my own when i was checking it was there.

I'm not expecting a huge surge of interest for a 1st time poster, but have I followed the correct procedures?

Also, when i try to read someone else's story i can read other people's reviews of that story - but not the story itself. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

Thanks,

Cass
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic24259_post307972.html#307972
MrLipto View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrLipto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 8:55am
Welcome.

Many forum users have their story linked, as opposed to doing a copy/paste of all 250 words.

Try clicking the title in their original post.
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 9:18am
Looks like you're doing everything fine to me :)

One big factor into why your post hasn't got a lot of views yet is simply the amount of traffic on the website at the moment. Immediately after the Wednesday confirmation email is the best time to post, as everyone's posting and checking out each other's story. If you review others' work you'll gain a lot more views as people will want to return the favour.

B x
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 11:32am
Originally posted by CassNom CassNom wrote:

Hi.

As above, I've never been on a forum before and I'm finding it a bit confusing.

I joined the microfiction competition and posted my story on the relevant page (I think!) for people to review, but the only views it has received are my own when i was checking it was there.

I'm not expecting a huge surge of interest for a 1st time poster, but have I followed the correct procedures?

Also, when i try to read someone else's story i can read other people's reviews of that story - but not the story itself. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

Thanks,

Cass

Haha, I just got your request to be added to the master list, and I have loaded you on there!
Now, what helps get reviews is to review others stories and let them know where to find yours
works like a charm!
Good luck, Suave.

laritybug View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laritybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 12:46pm
Try changing your signature to be your story.
 Post Reply Post Reply